Viewsat Xtreme

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
I just ordered a Viewsat Xtreme FTA receiver from Ebay. :)
Is there more than one model of this receiver? I see the 2000 Xtreme receivers. I know there is the Ultra but I bidded on the Xtreme model.
Is the 2000 the same thing as the Xtreme? :confused:

I believe I got the Xtreme, not the vs2000. My Xtreme is solid black.
Thank you, Voomvoom!
Is the Viewsats good as most folks claim it to be? I want some input from you guys who own one, the pro and cons...

I have a VS Ultra, it works fine in 1.3, but it is hard to find satelites when you use 1.2. If you set it to 1.2 you will have a hard time finding the sat. The east/west buttons will work, but the dish does not stop moving untill you press the store button. The VS ultra is hard to fine tune sats when in 1.2. It works great in 1.3. I only now one person with a VS Extreme, but it is hooked to a fixed sat dish on 123.

Sorrry, I can't help you any more.

Last edited:
I just ordered a Viewsat Xtreme FTA receiver from Ebay. :)
Is there more than one model of this receiver? I see the 2000 Xtreme receivers. I know there is the Ultra but I bidded on the Xtreme model.
Is the 2000 the same thing as the Xtreme? :confused:

MrFTAMan, yes 2000 and Xtreme should be the same receiver,- the one I have is called the Viewsat 2000 Xtreme.

I won't know how new this receiver is. The seller claims that it was barely used, and in excellent shape. I will know next week...

Well, I got my Viewsat vs2000 receiver Monday, and I tell ya what, I am loving it!!!
Using USAL is really great!
When I got it and hooked it up, I noticed it was a hacked receiver. So I went to the menu and used the factory reset to get it back like it was.
I have only one complaint: the blindscan is slow, but good. I believe I may need to download the latest factory software, hoping to get the latest satellites programmed. Some TPs had to be manually put in.
Do any of you Viewsat owners know if there is a up to date software?

Just be sure you pick the right firmware from viewsatusa's site.
The Ultra also says vs2000 on the front panel (also has the word Ultra)
Extreme came out prior to the Ultra.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)