Viewsat's New Policy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TreDEE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
PRICING INFORMATION AND POLICIES:

Viewtech, Inc has established a MSP(Minimum Sale Price) Policy. This policy has been established by Viewtech Inc. to prevent resellers from selling any Viewtech, Inc product below the MSP.

Viewtech, Inc. consider companies that violate this MSP policy to be unauthorized resellers of our products. Purchasing any Viewtech, Inc. product from unauthorized resellers will disqualify that product from being eligible for any warranty, service and support. Proof of purchase will be required for all warranty issues.

At the present time, Viewtech, Inc. offers two products; the VS2000 Platinum and the VS2000 Xtreme. The MSP for the VS2000 Platinum is $159.99 USD and the VS2000 Xtreme is $199.99 USD. The MSP policy does not include product shipping cost. Resellers are free to charge whatever they deem necessary for shipping cost.

Ebayers, please report any and all violations of this policy to Viewtech, Inc. for immediate action.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was taken from Viewsats website. What do you guys think about that?

Go to the Viewsat webpage. From the main page scroll all the way down. On the very bottom you'll see 3 links one of which is their pricing policy.

found it

pretty lame. If you have one, you should be able to sell it at whatever you want. I think this is more for the bulk resellers that get them at cost.

Its price fixing at its worst. But if I am reading this right if I have a warranty issue I will need to submit proof of purchase. And if that receipt shows I paid less than their MSP my warranty claim will be denied and it will be like I purchased from the grey market. How is this good for the consumer? I understand they want to protect their line and many other manufacturers in the CE world do it very well without punishing the consumer. Some good examples are Bose and Polk Audio.

sounds a little shakey to me viewsat's warrenty is based on the performance
of the product not the price.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
size dont mean nothin if it did elephant could outrun a rabbit!!!!!!!!!!

TreDEE said:
PRICING INFORMATION AND POLICIES:

Viewtech, Inc has established a MSP(Minimum Sale Price) Policy. This policy has been established by Viewtech Inc. to prevent resellers from selling any Viewtech, Inc product below the MSP.

Viewtech, Inc. consider companies that violate this MSP policy to be unauthorized resellers of our products. Purchasing any Viewtech, Inc. product from unauthorized resellers will disqualify that product from being eligible for any warranty, service and support. Proof of purchase will be required for all warranty issues.

At the present time, Viewtech, Inc. offers two products; the VS2000 Platinum and the VS2000 Xtreme. The MSP for the VS2000 Platinum is $159.99 USD and the VS2000 Xtreme is $199.99 USD. The MSP policy does not include product shipping cost. Resellers are free to charge whatever they deem necessary for shipping cost.

Ebayers, please report any and all violations of this policy to Viewtech, Inc. for immediate action.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was taken from Viewsats website. What do you guys think about that?

A very interesting, and quite illegeal policy in many Provinces and States due to the 'price' fixing statutes. That is why many companies go to a Manufacturor's Suggested Retail price and THEN they monitor their resellers and reward those that sell at or near the MSRP and penalize (ie no stock) the ones who sell at deep discount.

But, as it has been said, many will get away with whatever they wish until they get caught.

Now that is nuts...They used to call it fair trading which was supposedly outlawed years ago. Companys like Apple still get around it by simply not selling to firms charging less. (Costco sells Ipods for $1-$2 less I guess by arrangement

I own a Viewsat Extreme and while ok, it is not that great to warrant a shabby shot like that.

They will just continue to lose whatever marketshare they have! I guess there are idiots sitting in offices, with no concept of the real world making these decisions. Just another reason I left corporate America years ago to do my own thing!

Jeff

We were told by Viewsat that we were selling below the price they wanted and had to raise it. That included both the actual website and our ebay store.
I really dont see how they can police this with so many people now selling the Viewsat.
Cheers

That's fine. I"ll just cross Viewsat off my list of receivers for future consideration. There are lots of fish in the sea :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts