OTHER Vigica C90S firmware 04212015

pacificrim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
West Coast Canada
Don't bother with the newest 04212015 firmware. I tried it out and the only changes are a more minimalistic home page, stuttery video when switching channels in satellite mode, out of sync and stuttery video in Netflix (for example), and from what I could tell the USALS is still not corrected.

I put back the original firmware and things are good again. Putting back the original firmware is easy, except that it doesn't tell you when to pull the MicroSD card, so you could end up installing, re-installing, re-installing,...it is all very quick and no on screen text so it'll reboot and it's deja vu all over again.

Mine came with the newest 04212015 firmware installed. The USALS problem is definitely not corrected. Another problem - I noticed that there is no sound for the first few seconds when changing channels.

However, I did get a full North American satellite list pre-installed on my unit :oldsmile2

I downloaded 'TWIT Pro' and it works well for watching Screen Savers, and Ham Nation. As for Netflix -- video playback is better than it was on my Roku (sold it), but not as good as my Tivo 3.

Overall I am very glad I purchased the Vigica C90S. I like it much more than the Roku which cost the same. As for the satellite software -- it's a partially functional work in progress.

Last edited:
There is another Vigica C90S firmware but doesn't look like they fixed the USALS or anything we have mentioned here. Then again, I haven't contacted them either. Anyone talk to their tech support?

There is another Vigica C90S firmware but doesn't look like they fixed the USALS or anything we have mentioned here. Then again, I haven't contacted them either. Anyone talk to their tech support?
I wanted to try their latest June firmware to see if it fixes USALS, but have not been able to download it.

Currently at 10 PM Pacific Time I get an error '403 Forbidden' when I try to go to the Vigica website at http://www.vigica.cc/

Can't get it when I try to download the new firmware directly from the box either.

Same here now. I downloaded the V1 firmware earlier, but now 403. I'm still pretty happy with the V1 with original february firmware. Not sure I'll try the upgrade yet.

The change was on the sat side, I think. There was a blurb saying something about if you flashed your firmware and you lost your satellite function but android works, you installed the wrong version.

The site is back, but the download button still fails if you left-click on it. Right-click, "save as" works though. That is the same as I experienced yesterday before their site went down.

Now the site is back - Here's the well worded blurb:
Recently some clients feedback, after software upgrade, the dvb part lost, only with android part.
or there showed "I2C AND ERROR" ON C90S
Dear friend, these problem come out because you upgrade the wrong software.
Just as our previous news, vigica c90s have version 1 and version 2, this 2 version software different, if you upgrade wrong software, then above problem will happen.
please read the software again as below link.

Well that is good to know. Pay attention to what version you have. :)

I have resurrected my Vigica C90S.

I have updated the firmware to the 062015 version for my V1 hardware. I also found the update needed to ROOT the device. I was then able to remove KODI 14 and put 16.1 on. All apps work correctly, including Netflix which it couldn't do well before. Also, the apps that the A3 could not do like Google Play Music are working fine. I will start playing the the satellite side this weekend.

Reactions: KE4EST and FTA4PA
I have resurrected my Vigica C90S.

I have updated the firmware to the 062015 version for my V1 hardware. I also found the update needed to ROOT the device. I was then able to remove KODI 14 and put 16.1 on. All apps work correctly, including Netflix which it couldn't do well before. Also, the apps that the A3 could not do like Google Play Music are working fine. I will start playing the the satellite side this weekend.
I'm not sure if it will work with V1, but I was able to load the C100S firmware on my V2 hardware. Its newer and the interface is different.

If anyone wants my C90S V2, I will sell it for $50 (which includes shipping in the USA).

Update: The satellite side is still bad, at least from a diseqc motor control point-of-view
I could store a motor position on the ASC1 but could not move the dish. That includes using east/west button on the motor settings in the STB.

The good news is it is a very good android tv box. I just ordered an airmouse for it.

The Vigica is the primary STB used for my Sons TV. I just needed to figure out the USALS offset (which i did many months back) and its moves the dish just fine. My son uses the KODI on it as well to watch our video library.

I picked up a Ver 1.1 box from Brian and updated to the June 2015 firmware (20150603). The first thing you notice is the GUI is quite different. Since this unit is piggybacked on a 4DTV I can't speak to the dish moving but I will agree with what others have said, it's primarily a media box that can also do FTA, with some fiddling. A lack of a North American satellite list is a drawback and it's not the most user friendly FTA box I've ever used. Media wise it's great. I upgraded Kodi to 16.1 but had to delete 14.2 first and then install 16.1. If I tried to install over top it gave me a credentials error. Next was Add-On Installer and then an add-on named Titanium that removed some bloatware that I'll never use. Since my reason for buying it was as an intro to the world of Android media boxes I'm very pleased with it. Kodi, on the other hand, could use some user friendly improvements, not the least of which is an easy way to add to an existing playlist, be it audio or video. So, for the Ver 1 boxes the June 2015 firmware seems to work just fine.

Reactions: Titanium
After tinkering with it for a few days I realized I was getting a lot of "Unable to connect to server" errors in Kodi (16.1). I researched for a long time and tried muliple "fixes" with no success. It was getting frustrating until just a little while ago I came across a post on the Internet where a guy said he fixed his by changing the video output from Auto to High. OK, but there's no "High" option on the new versions of Kodi so I set it to 720, 60Hz. To my surprise it appears to have fixed the problem. No errors and the videos load right up and play. Go figure. I suspect it's a rendering issue within Kodi. Since the newest version is 16.1 you'd think they would have addressed the issue by now but, based on the multitude of posts on the Internet, I guess not.

Reactions: Titanium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)