OTHER Vigica C90S firmware 04212015

It's weird but Kodi 16.0 on my Vigica C90 V1 with 062015 firmware doesn't have a resolution adjustment.
System/Settings/System/Video Output = no option even in Expert option mode
The resolution for my TV is 720p and is set in Android settings of the C90 in its settings as 720p.
Kodi 16.0 has been super stable on the C90 for me.

I had to root mine to put Kodi 16 on - Did you root yours?
I checked and it is 16.0 not 16.1 on mine, as I had previously posted.

No, I didn't have to root it but I did have to remove the previous version first before it would let me install 16.1.

To change the video output go to main menu/settings/display of the device (not Kodi).

Make sure Auto is set to Off then scroll down one more and set it to 720p-60hz

IMG_2584s.jpg~original

Reactions: KE4EST
Yes, that's the only spot to change the resolution. Normally, it is in the Video Out part of Kodi, or used to be.
Mine wouldn't let me uninstall Kodi 14 as it said I didn't have the correct permission to do it. Rooting took care of that and I was very happy that Vigica made the process easy to do.

The C90S has been a rock solid Kodi and Android unit. I have slaved it to my A2 and done some scan tests and the A2 is better, faster, and has a more sensitive tuner. Like I said previously, it also cannot move a Diseqc controlled motor.

Since I have it piggy-backed to a 4DTV the motor problems aren't an issue for me but I believe a work around has been found for USALs (adding 15 deg to your location?) so I'm wondering if something similar can be found for DiSEqC. The dish is a 7.5' KTI mesh. I spent the morning scanning in 21 C-band birds (Ku comes later). Each bird had no pre-defined TP's prior to the scan so everything was a blind scan. Here are a few things I've noticed. First thing is the scan speed, for reasons I'm not quite sure of it boogies on some birds and crawls on others, but it also locked numerous TP's that other boxes did not, notably most recently an X2 Premium Mini, and a MicroHD. So far the only real problems, other than the joke of a user's manual, are the lack of a computer based channel/satellite editor and the ridiculously small shallow buttons on the remote.

As with many (most?) newer STBs the polarity automatically scans first V then H. Since the polarity is also controlled by the 4DTV the scan can miss some TP's so here's a workaround for anyone with a similar set up. If the channel the 4DTV is set to is H (18v) the scan may only find horiz TP's but if you set the 4DTV to a V (13v) channel the scan will lock first the V channels and then switch to 18v and scan & lock the H channels as well.

Is it perfect? No, but what box is, or better yet, what box is at this price point? All in all I'm quite pleased.

Reactions: Titanium
Sad to say my C90S bricked itself. I was in the DTV side, pressed the exit button to back out of a menu and the box immediately shut down and now won't turn on. The power red light comes on and that's as far as it goes. Since there is no power button and no reset button I guess it's done. :(

I tried that a couple of times yesterday but all it does is turn on the red light and then sit there. I'm setting it aside for now and I'll take a fresh look sometime later but my hopes aren't high.

I gave it one last shot. I bought a new MicroSD, programmed it, inserted it, and plugged in the power. No go. Wouldn't boot and wouldn't power on with the remote. The red light comes on and that's it. Looks like it's toast. :oldno

Yeah, tried that too. The fact that it went from the DTV menu to dead in an instant and now doesn't respond to any of a handful of procedures makes me think it's likely a hardware failure. The only thing I haven't tried is shorting the NAND pins, only because I have no way of knowing on this unit where they're located.

Well I did the NAND pin thing which just about winds up all options and it's still bricked so I'm throwing in the towel. :tombstone
Sorry it died on you. The 'DTV' program on the Vigica sucked so much that its not a huge loss. Another incarnation of 'DTV' is also on my K1+. The program is just about as bad as it was on the Vigica I sold. But it does get 10-bit UHD at 60 fps, which is the only reason I got it.

I just got my Vigica Air Mouse in the mail. It works about as well as the A3 Air Mouse plus it has a keyboard on the backside. It seems to be unable to turn on the box but can turn it off. It is USB based, so if the C90s takes a dive, I can use it on the next one.

Reactions: KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts