Vintage Video game/system you still play?

I still occasionally play a Mattel handheld football game that I got for Christmas 1973. Just a bunch of leds against a background and 6 buttons, but it still works great and is fun to play.

I too had forgotten about that one!Played that thing till the buttons were wore out.I also had a hit and missle game that was battery operated.Think I still have it somewhere,it still worked last time I checked lol.

I had some kind of cleaning device for the snes.It had a cartridge that you put a cleaning solution on and popped it in and out a few times good as new.It also had a wand for the games.worked much better than q-tips and alcohol lol.

satjay said:
Only problem with my NES as many others you have to blow some times in the game or system to get the dust out

One of my favorite comedians (Aaron Karo) does a great bit about the whole Nintendo blowing thing. The gist is, how the hell did we all figure that out? There was no google back then. But you talk to any kid who had a Nintendo (all of us) and they all knew that trick.

I wish I had kept my old NES and SNES.

You can replace the cartridge mechanism on the NES. Look on ebay.

You can also bypass the NES10 Lockout chip by severing one of the chip's leads.
Actually your best bet is to get the top loader. Not only is the lockout mechanism fixed, but it also plays PAL games as well, while the original NES could not (at least not without some modifications I would bet.)

When I play Super Tecmo Bowl, favorite player has to be Randall Cunnigham, guy is a rushing machine on that game :)

Actually I think it would be really cool if they donated it to a museum or some archiver that could extract the data from all the carts/roms and save them on another media so we never lose it. But of course that isn't going to happen.

I still whip out the old 3DO system and play ROAD RASH, man i wish they would come out with a new version of it, love that game.

I have a copy for windows 95 and above and a copy of that game for the PS1. I too wish that someone would aquire the rights if EA doesn't want to make a new version.

ohioankev said:
I have a copy for windows 95 and above and a copy of that game for the PS1. I too wish that someone would aquire the rights if EA doesn't want to make a new version.

Agree, that was realy a quality game at the time and provided many hours of entertainment.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

lakebum431 said:
One of my favorite comedians (Aaron Karo) does a great bit about the whole Nintendo blowing thing. The gist is, how the hell did we all figure that out? There was no google back then. But you talk to any kid who had a Nintendo (all of us) and they all knew that trick.

Yes there was that trick and then we also had ro resort to placing another game on top of the game to play so that it would be almost at the point of fully inserted because it would not work if game was properly installed

I have a dreamcast that I can use as an emulator to play nes and super nes games. It's possible because it was powered by windows. Truly ahead of it's time and sadly failed too soon. I even subscribed to be able to use it to browse the internet back then.

satjay said:
I play Super Tecmo Bowl on the original NES, there are a few few stores that sells original NES games. I also,play the hockey game, where you can pick different size players

Lol yes the hockey game with the dif sized players. They would get into brawls and fly out. Blades of steel was always good too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)