Vinyl Collectors out there?

I will keep my SX-880, PL-560(direct drive),HPM 100's(series b) and all my vinyl. It still works and sounds great. How long will this new stuff you and I both have last??????;)

I will keep my SX-880, PL-560(direct drive),HPM 100's(series b) and all my vinyl. It still works and sounds great. How long will this new stuff you and I both have last??????;)

I have an SX-1250 I purchased new in 78' it still looks great. I had it completely gone through in 95' and it was used very little after that. It's been in a box for about 10 years, I wish I had room to put it back in service.

NightRyder

Attachments

• PioneerSX-1250001.jpg
    PioneerSX-1250001.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 211
I have an SX-1250 I purchased new in 78' still looks like new. I had it completely gone through in 95' and it was used very little after that. It's been in a box for about 10 years, I wish I had room to put it back in service.

NightRyder
I do not recommend getting rid of it but... if you do pm me:)

Back then Pioneer made some really good stuff!

No doubt about that! Here are pics (not mine) of the other vintage Pioneer components I have in my system.

NightRyder

Attachments

• pio9191.jpg
    pio9191.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 235
  • SG9500.jpg
    SG9500.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 213

My father has a Realistic LAB-52 turntable he got in the 70's and it still runs perfectly. The automatic start and return is fluid. He took really good care of it (one of the reasons I bought my own TT, a Realistic LAB-310 Belt Drive).

I don't think this stuff will ever die. It was built to last, not a lot of Chinese stuff back then. And there is a ton of replacement parts for damn near every model TT.

I had a tape deck like that, got burglarized and lost it along with my Pioneer Receiver, a Technics Turntable 2 Pioneer Speakers and 2 Marantz Speakers(TV, Guns etc)... replaced with a $750 Nakamichi LS7 deck, a Hafler pre-amp, 2 Carver 250 Watt per channel amps (bridged put out 500) and 2 JBL Speakers...

Gorbash this is fun. Thanks!

My brother calls this my "new thing." Every once in a while I go nuts on some thing, spend money and then forget about it. But I think this is something I can use daily, and I have been.

I wanted other people to share in my new thing, and get some idea of what others have.

I guess my question got lost in the thread but here is the answer. Back then Bose 901's where very popular and expensive. I blind folded people and ask what set of speakers sounded better. I would switch back and forth from the 901's and the HPM-100's. The HPM 100's always won. 901 owners would always be shocked. Pioneer HPM-100 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia obtw all we had back then was vinyl.

Last edited:
I looked up the HPM-100's as I have a minor obsession with speakers. eBay has them for 4-500 clams. Must be some pretty awesome speakers.

I'm gonna start looking into a good receiver, or commandeer my fathers. ;) I do know it was much like the Pioneer shown several posts up, dunno if it was that model. He also has a dual tape deck also Pioneer. I remember the A/V closet we had set up in the house I grew up in had lots of shiny equipment that was off limits. All of which lead to two large speakers in the living room (don't remember what brand, and they are in a container somewhere if they still work/one piece).

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go vintage gear. In my readings I've found that it is best for vinyl. Though it is rather expensive, but for good reason. So much of that will have to wait until I have some of that money back I lost. But it gives me plenty of time to plan.

Dang I had the same tape deck. Maybe in the attic. If i remember correctly the counter stopped working on mine.

Same thing happened to mine. It's driven by a little replaceable belt that gets worn; the counter also needs periodic cleaning and lubrication with a good electronics cleaner/lubricant.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts