ViP 211 avail for lease

stuart628 said:
I just got an upgrade too, and was told the same thing, I am taking my chances, it will either be a 811, 411, or a 211, I then asked why would I upgrade a 811 with an 811? she said that more then likely they wont send me one, but give me a 411 or a 211 (which I am fine as long as I get mpeg4 when they decide to do it) so we shall see!

I received an 811 yesterday! It's going back today. How about you? What did you receive?

Be carefull... I fell for the 1 cent per month lease for the 811 after I turned in my old boxes. Everything was find for about six months until I got a bill charging us for all of the backed leasing fees at $5.00 per month. Call E but to no avail. Make sure you get the 1 cent per month lease in writing.

It's not one cent per month, it's a one cent differential.

It costs $4.99 for an additional receiver, it costs $5.00 for a leased receiver with no additional receiver fee.

Regards,

rdinkel said:
I received an 811 yesterday! It's going back today. How about you? What did you receive?

the 811 is set to be dropped off at my house on jan 3rd, so I have to wait to refuse the order :( oh well I will send it back and try again, I am hopefully locked in to get a 411 or 211! I am getting excited!

stuart628 said:
the 811 is set to be dropped off at my house on jan 3rd, so I have to wait to refuse the order :( oh well I will send it back and try again, I am hopefully locked in to get a 411 or 211! I am getting excited!

They told me to wait until they announce MPEG4 offers, rather than to keep trying my luck at receiving a vip211. They did say I could keep the 811 in the meantime, but I declined since I already have a 6000.

rdinkel said:
They told me to wait until they announce MPEG4 offers, rather than to keep trying my luck at receiving a vip211. They did say I could keep the 811 in the meantime, but I declined since I already have a 6000.

I called and got the same answer today also, they said they will have offerings coming out soon, so I am hoping by the time that reciever gets back to them I will be able to get a 411/211 or even a 622 sent out to me :)

AndyOI said:
My 411/211 came as an 811 today. I'll use it for a bit then complain.

Andy, I would be sure to call them now. Have them make a note on your account that you did not receive the 411/211. You do not want to be in the position of having recently taken the Dish'n it Up offer when the MPEG4 receivers are released to us. They could make you wait an additional year. Just a thought.......

SatinKzo said:
Edit: Why the heck is my post being doublespaced?

Because you are hitting enter at the end of each line. That is considered a paragraph and html will add a blank line. If you just type, it will autowrap and you won't see the blank line.

yeah right now, the csr's are getting confused because when they go to place the order it says 811/211/411.. But like you all have found out, only the 811 is being shipped right now.. My advice is wait untill they announce the lease of the 211/411 so you get the right one.

Confusing, consfusing..

jayn_j said:
Because you are hitting enter at the end of each line. That is considered a paragraph and html will add a blank line. If you just type, it will autowrap and you won't see the blank line.

No offense, but I have posted quite a bit here and I know how the forum works and never had a post doublespace on me like that.. For some reason on that post it double spaced it. It was also a rhetorical question as I wasn't too concerned about it.

SatinKzo said:
No offense, but I have posted quite a bit here and I know how the forum works and never had a post doublespace on me like that.. For some reason on that post it double spaced it. It was also a rhetorical question as I wasn't too concerned about it.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend.

hey none taken. no big deal. I know the post sounds like I am mad or something, but I am not trust me. The unfortunate result of the written word, hard to tell what someone is feeling exactly.

Received a VIP 211 today

Hello,

New to forum and only because I was very confused as to why they sent me a VIP 211 to replace my 6000 so I googled it and this forum showed up.

What's wierd is that I see others asking for it and they get 811. I didn't ask for anything and I get a VIP 211.

Three weeks ago, I took advantage of their upgrade program, they sent me a 811 and a 540DVR(?) for a 1 yr commitment

Now, I wonder if I should have waited before doing the upgrade? No idea.

Kevin S

Centennial, CO

Can someone tell me the main difference between the 411 and the vip211 ?

I need another box have the 811 now and hope theyve improved that piece of junk.
Thanks Bob P

robertjp said:
Can someone tell me the main difference between the 411 and the vip211 ?
I need another box have the 811 now and hope theyve improved that piece of junk.
Thanks Bob P
Functionally, there is no difference. The 411 doesn't have an Ethernet port, and the Vip211 has an Ethernet port that isn't used for anything.

robertjp said:
So what use would the ethernet port be for when uses? Are you sure thats the only difference?
The only difference is the ethernet port that is rumered to be used for IPTV. I guess we will find out at the CES show.

this is getting a little tiring, the channels will be launched feb 1st. I cant even get a reciever to see them, even though I was promised by dish network I could get a 411 or 211, they took the money out, but by the time it came to deliever the reciever they couldnt do it! I have been supporting them but they better get their act together QUICK!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts