VIP 211 Software download

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jwthomas

Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
I just upgraded to a dish 100.2 and a VIP 211. Problem is, I can't find satellite 129. Get 110 and 119 no problem with high signal strength. azimuth, elevation and skew set for dallas, texas. Was wondering if SW download will fix. If so, how do I do that?
thanks
JW Thomas

More than likely, you need either a repeaking of the dish or your 129 lnb is out in the weeds.

What are your checkswitch results?

can't find 129

Check switch shows 110 and 119, on two of the LNB's the third one (in the center) shows connected but no satellite.
thanks
jwt

can't find 129

forgot to mention:
I put another LNB on the antenna and got the same results
thanks for the help
Can I command a SW download?
thanks
jwt

forgot to mention:
I put another LNB on the antenna and got the same results
thanks for the help
Can I command a SW download?
thanks
jwt

What software version do you have? Press Menu twice.

Software updates come from 119 and if your receiver is targeted then it will update. You can't force a software update. Just turn off the receiver for about 20 minutes and it will take the download.

Most likely your problem is with aiming the dish. What dish do you have 1000 or 1000.2?

can't find 129

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will check SW version when I can. I am connected to a 100.2 dish. Single cable from connector # 1 to the receiver - is this correct to get all 3 satellites? I peaked on satellite 119; is this correct? Zip code is 75147; elevation is 46, and skew is 120 degrees. Do I just need to peak some more? What is the proper transponder to use for 129?
thanks
jwt

can't find 129

Additional information:
I also have a Dish 500 that I could use for additional satellites. What so I need to add a second dish?
thanks
jwt

Firstly, you have a dish 1000.2 not 100.2. There are many experts who watch all the threads and can probably better answer your question than I. but here goes.
Your 1000.2 with 3 LNBs will pick up 119, 110 and 129. The switch is internal so a single coax cable out of 119 works just fine. It is also the trickiest configuration to align. The odd shape of the dish allows you to pick up all three but at a compromise to signal strength. If you have a dual analog meter, set it up with a second coax lead out of 129. You'll be able to align both 119 and 129 simultaneously and know what each movement does to each satellite signal. 110 will just happen if you get the other two aligned.
If you use that second dish and dedicate it to 129, there is no compromise but you'll need a switch to recognize it all. Either a DPP34 or DPP44 depending on how many tuners your going to.
Those switches, especially the 44 can be $ pricey.
Your 1000.2 simply needs to be pointed properly. I've got a dual meter and even a true non-technical rookie like me, can get it aligned. I know, I do it every saturday in which I tailgate at the game. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts