VIP 222K missing HDMI output connection

pbh931

Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
Daytona Beach
I am working with a friend that lives next door and the miss's wants to get a new HDTV for a birthday gift. I was over checking out the box (VIP 222K) and its missing the connector for HDMI. I called dish network and they could not understand how this connector be missing off the box. The persion acted like I had no idea what I was talking about and demaned that I get the account holder so thet they could check the connections on the box, nothing but a time waster. all I needed to know was that seeings how the connector was missing how long would it take to get the box changed out.

The box states that its an HD box which I do not dispuit but they could not or would not answer a my question. I was not asking for any account information but they would not help me.

Does anyone know how long it would take to change out the box so I can help have everything ready for the new HDTV when they get the set. I would like to be able to hook everything up the same day. There is a componnet output but no HDMI.

Thank you for taking the time to help.

pbh931

I am working with a friend that lives next door and the miss's wants to get a new HDTV for a birthday gift. I was over checking out the box (VIP 222K) and its missing the connector for HDMI. I called dish network and they could not understand how this connector be missing off the box. The persion acted like I had no idea what I was talking about and demaned that I get the account holder so thet they could check the connections on the box, nothing but a time waster. all I needed to know was that seeings how the connector was missing how long would it take to get the box changed out.

The box states that its an HD box which I do not dispuit but they could not or would not answer a my question. I was not asking for any account information but they would not help me.

Does anyone know how long it would take to change out the box so I can help have everything ready for the new HDTV when they get the set. I would like to be able to hook everything up the same day. There is a componnet output but no HDMI.

pbh931

You're welcome. We would have to provide specific disclosures regarding the exchange of the receiver with the account holder. That was the main reason for that request. I am sorry this wasn't explained thoroughly. it is no trouble to replace a receiver, and yes, i would be unusual for the receiver not to have the HDMI port on it. I would check again, as there should be bot a USB (non-functional) and HDMI port on the back of the receiver. You can PM the account info for your friend to me, and I will be happy to take care of this for you. A receiver exchange typically takes only 3-5 business days before the replacement arrives.

The OP's wording, "HDMI connection", instead of "HDMI port" is curious. Almost as if he's looking for an "outie" instead of an "innie".

pbh931

Take a picture of the back on the receiver, I'd like to see a 222k without an HDMI port. Thanks!

pbh931

Would it be possible to take a picture for us? You can also send me a PM with the receiver number so I can verify the model

I took another look and had another friend of mine check out the back of the box and for some unknow reason the HDMI output cnnection is not there. I want t thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. I told my friend that it would take 3 to 5 bunness days to change out the box.

I would be very happy to send youa photo of te back of the box I will take the photo tomarrow I just need to know how to send it to you. I have never worked in a chatroom like this before.

Thanks again and to be honest I did not think you all would respond so fast. Now his is sounding lket the good old Dish network I know. Thanks agani

PS: If all goes well I hope to have the photo by 10:30 AM EST

I took another look and had another friend of mine check out the back of the box and for some unknow reason the HDMI output cnnection is not there. I want t thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. I told my friend that it would take 3 to 5 bunness days to change out the box.

I would be very happy to send youa photo of te back of the box I will take the photo tomarrow I just need to know how to send it to you. I have never worked in a chatroom like this before.

Thanks again and to be honest I did not think you all would respond so fast. Now his is sounding lket the good old Dish network I know. Thanks agani

PS: If all goes well I hope to have the photo by 10:30 AM EST

You can email the pic to me, and I'll upload it when I get in tomorrow (which is around 5pm EST). Or, you can upload it yourself if you click on "go advanced" when posting, then click the paper clip icon to upload an attachment.

matthew.gonzales@dish.com is my email

Yes interested in seeing a pic myself.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

ok, I will be the frist to addmit I made a mastake. I did not see the port because there was an HDMI cable pluged into it and then only after I took the photos and was looking at them on my computer. So after looking at this photo I think all is well.

DSCF0474.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)