VIP 612 dvr ?

if i'm recording a program and i try to change the channel it comes up acquiring signal message 15.it searches all the spotbeams but doesn't any higher than 0 when processing 0 of 5. the only way i can get a picture back is if i go to point dish in menue.at that point there is no signal on 110,119,129. i exit point dish then my picture comes back and i can then go back to point dish and i have signal.it happens every time i try to watch a different channel after i push record.

sounds like you have a bad second tuner....run a check switch and see if all your sats come back on....the 612 is a dual tuner single room dvr that can record on one tuner and watch tv or record on the second.....check all your values on the system info screen if any value exceeds the one proceeding it (value 4 then it says 20 or whatever) then there is something wrong with your rcvr. it should go through all 5 of 5 if you have all your sats

Yea, I have a 612 and I have to reboot it about once a week. I really wanted a 722 but when they installed the installer only had a 612. Then they tell me if I want a 722 it will cost me bucks.

Manually rebooting once a week is nothing although it should not need this.
They all reboot themselves once a day/night. Use Menu+8+4 to see/set the time of day.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)