Vip 612 hear repeating sound during pause.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pauli20000

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
Hello All,

I have a weird problem my wives VIP612 makes a repeating noise when the DVR is paused. I'm connected using the HDMI. Sometimes she has to pause and play until no sound comes out?

Any help would be great.

pauli20000:)

Can't say I ever heard that before, but first impression also is a failing HDD. Does it always happen, both when pausing live or pausing a taped program?

Hello All,

I have a weird problem my wives VIP612 makes a repeating noise when the DVR is paused. I'm connected using the HDMI. Sometimes she has to pause and play until no sound comes out?

Any help would be great.

pauli20000:)

Is the sound coming out of the TV? If you mute the TV does the sound stop? I have a Joey hooked to a 32" Vizio E Series and it makes a weird noise when paused but if I mute it it goes away. And my ps3 doesn't make same noise. Both hooked up via HDMI. I have also tried different audio output settings and a different Joey.

I have had this same issue ever since I got my 612, a few years back. Matter of fact, this is my second one, and I think I had it with both. Ironically I also have a 37" LG, 50 series, about 5 years old connected via HDMI. What I do is hit the pause button a couple of times until it hits a spot where its not doing it. I'm used to it. I doesn't always happen, but happens often enough. I just tried to do it 3 times, didn't happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts