Vip 612 hear repeating sound during pause.

pauli20000

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
Hello All,

I have a weird problem my wives VIP612 makes a repeating noise when the DVR is paused. I'm connected using the HDMI. Sometimes she has to pause and play until no sound comes out?

Any help would be great.

pauli20000:)

Can't say I ever heard that before, but first impression also is a failing HDD. Does it always happen, both when pausing live or pausing a taped program?

Hello All,

I have a weird problem my wives VIP612 makes a repeating noise when the DVR is paused. I'm connected using the HDMI. Sometimes she has to pause and play until no sound comes out?

Any help would be great.

pauli20000:)

Is the sound coming out of the TV? If you mute the TV does the sound stop? I have a Joey hooked to a 32" Vizio E Series and it makes a weird noise when paused but if I mute it it goes away. And my ps3 doesn't make same noise. Both hooked up via HDMI. I have also tried different audio output settings and a different Joey.

I have had this same issue ever since I got my 612, a few years back. Matter of fact, this is my second one, and I think I had it with both. Ironically I also have a 37" LG, 50 series, about 5 years old connected via HDMI. What I do is hit the pause button a couple of times until it hits a spot where its not doing it. I'm used to it. I doesn't always happen, but happens often enough. I just tried to do it 3 times, didn't happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)