Vip 622 analog off air

slimjim47528

Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
I was just wondering if someone could tell me if the dishnetwork vip 622 receiver had an analog off air tuner. It says ATSC/Cable on the description. I have seen two different things online. I figure someone here could tell me for sure.

Thanks

I was just wondering if someone could tell me if the dishnetwork vip 622 receiver had an analog off air tuner. It says ATSC/Cable on the description. I have seen two different things online. I figure someone here could tell me for sure.

Thanks
Yes. To set it up, Menue-6-8, analog type-off air

so I can get some NTSC off air channels. What I want to be able to do is play out some of my saved video clips from my 522 to a 622 when I upgrade. I figure if it has an NTSC off air tuner I can feed it from the second tv on the 522.

I have a young child who saves video clips, she basically expects them to be there, she has never experienced tv without a dvr.

Has Digital Tuner but no Analog Tuner

The 622 has a digital tuner which will tune any of the digital stations but it does not have an analog tuner.

so I can get some NTSC off air channels. What I want to be able to do is play out some of my saved video clips from my 522 to a 622 when I upgrade. I figure if it has an NTSC off air tuner I can feed it from the second tv on the 522.

I have a young child who saves video clips, she basically expects them to be there, she has never experienced tv without a dvr.

You can't feed from receiver to receiver but you can from the 522 to your TV. Your TV should have an NTSC tuner.

I have been there, but the fact that my 522 is leased, is keeping me from opening it up. I dont really want to get stuck paying for the thing.