VIP 722 / 211 not download EPG

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shinji

Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
It seems that our receivers are not downloading the entire electronic program guide. It started happening on the both the 211 receivers since my parents reported it there first but tonight I found it happening on my 722. I had found it default to channel 9802 which is the 61.5 test channel. I have done a test switch to force a EPG re-download but during the reconnect it only goes to 61.5 and doesn't seem to touch the other satellites at all. In addition the EPG download does not complete. It gets stuck really early on. I have already tried a reset via the front panel and the power cord with no effect.

Any advice on this one? It is really annoying. If I don't hear anything by the time I wake up later on (going to bed) I might end up just calling dish to see what they can come up with. I'll leave the receiver to try and get a new EPG for the night.

EDIT: The channels that have no data on the EPG show as Off-Air and pickup as having a special event that isn't available which blocks the use of the channel. These same channels show a schedule on the dish network site and are usually SD channels. Some are just SD versions of HD channels already available but there are also plenty of SD only channels that have no data as well.

VIP722 - Software L622 -- Using combiner/splitter setup (rather than have 2 lines)
211 - Software unknown (can't check yet)
Dish configuration: Dish 1000.4 triple satellite config -- 61.5, 72, 77 -- Check Switch pass showing correct switch type and detecting signal from all satellites.

EDIT: NM -- the issue went away on it's own. Guess it got the rest later. Kinda odd though as this issue may be intermittent. It sucks too.

Last edited:
VIP722 - Software L622 -- Using combiner/splitter setup (rather than have 2 lines)
211 - Software unknown (can't check yet)
Dish configuration: Dish 1000.4 triple satellite config -- 61.5, 72, 77 -- Check Switch pass showing correct switch type and detecting signal from all satellites.

do you mean a DPPseparator? because if you are using a combiner/splitter that could be causing some problems.

Yes. But the 722 actually started getting the issue after the 211 and the 211 receivers just have a direct line. The 722 has 2 feeds coming into it so both lines are actually from the same dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)