VIP 722 DVR problems and over-all sluggishness.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

neoplasm

Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
I have two issues with my VIP 722. (It's running L674, and is on the same dish as a 211 which is working fine)

1. Been dealing with this issue for several months. The DVR feature cannot be used properly. For example if the live programming is paused or skipped back the picture and sound will freeze for a bit, there will be a couple of previous frames with pixelation until it hangs and skips back up to LIVE TV, sometimes it will actually sort of work as intended and skip back and play a few seconds of the content but will invariably pixelate and stutter and go skip forward to LIVE TV. The same happens with some recorded programs to varying degrees, some will record fine, while others freeze and stutter every now and then.

I don't think this is a signal issue as the othe receiver never freezes or stutters, even while watching the same programming on both of them. Signal strenght is on the 70s for 110 and 119

2. This issue started happening more recently is alleviated with powering down the unit. The receiver itself will seem to hang, this shows up as the on-screen channel info and guide becoming very sluggish, taking too long to register remote commands, a few seconds between button presses. This has gotten so bad that it's no longer convenient to browse what's on other channels while still watching the current channel. Also when the receiver is acting up like this when I do change channels the audio will come in first and the picture will remain black (completely black, no on screen guide either.) for a few seconds.

Could this be a software bug, tried searching but didn't come up with anything similar? It seems to me like it but seems to also be an issue with the hard drive.

I asked here before talking to dish support in case it's an easy fix. Haven't been watching too much tv so the issues haven't been too much bother to hit up dish support.

Thanks in advance.

1) Doesn't sound like a signal issue, but does sound like a failing DVR. Try unplugging the receiver for about 15 seconds to reset it.

2) Is a software bug from everything I've tried with another user here. There was an update coming to the guide display and things (which is the hopeful fix), but it has been pushed back (more than once), and there's no ETA on when it will be released.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/221794-slow-guide-722k.html

I'm having the same problems after the update with my 722. However I've tried watching Monday Night RAW at the same time as my cousin (Live and after it was recorded) and it is forcing either TV1 or TV2 to the end where you have the options for "Live TV" or "Start Over" . Like the user above the sluggishness was resolved via a reset by holding in the power button. I haven't unplugged my unit for 10 minutes yet to see if that helps out.

I've been experiencing the irritating "sluggishness" problem with both my 722 and 722K off and on. In both cases a reboot seems to fix it--until it starts happening again. It'll be ok for days and then it's back. Makes ya wanna throw the remote through the window when it's acting up!:rant:

Ed

Hello and welcome the world of the great 722 molasses menu's as I like to call them.
I am the "Other User" that Matt mentioned above.
This is a massive problem that Dish has that many users simply put up with.
However it frustrates me to no end and I think has shaved years off my life expectancy. lol.
If you really want to know the depth of this problem just browse through this thread that has over 11,000 views on it. :)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/221794-slow-guide-722k.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts