Vip 722 External HDD question

tukinc

Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
Cayman
I have been searching the forums and Google but cant seem to find an answer. I have the Vip722, and have not yet added the external HDD service with Dish.

The question relates to viewing content on the TV through the 722. I have A LOT of DVD's that I have ripped to my computer, and I would love to integrate them somehow through the 722. Can this be done?

I don't need to pull recordings off of the 722 to watch on a computer (which is all I can find info about on my searches), but I want to go the other way and put ripped DVD's onto the 722.

Any help is appreciated

I have A LOT of DVD's that I have ripped to my computer, and I would love to integrate them somehow through the 722. Can this be done?

No. All recordings are encrypted Linux files, as well as no input pathway.

The external HDD for 722 is designed as an archive of recordings via Dish Network and NO OTHER USE.

When you first connect your HDD to the 722 it will be reformatted and all content on it will be lost. Should you decide, later, to connect the external HDD with your Dish recordings to your PC, it will be reformatted once again and all Dish content is lost. These limitations are due to the concerns of the content owners (movie studios, etc.).

Now, if you are an expert with computer technology, they may be ways around this, but for the vast majority of the rabble, forget it.

Local ABC That Will Be A Part Of Terre Haute, IN DMA June 3rd?

wireless internet adaptors for 922

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)