VIP 722 hard drive failure-can recorded programs be saved even if I can't access them on current rec

maccafan

Original poster
May 30, 2012
Florida
I've spoken to DISH and they're sending a replacement receiver/DVR. My question is whether or not it's worth my time to try and hook up an external hard drive to try and save some of my recorded programs? The problem I'm having right now is that when I press "DVR" on the remote, I get this message:

"Error 024
Unable to access this feature at this time. Please select OK and try to access this again in five minutes. If the problem continues, perform the steps below.
1. Unplug the power to your receiver for 10 seconds and plug back in. The reset process should take no more than 5 minutes to complete.
2. If this step has not resolved your issue, please contact us at dish.com/chat or 1-880-333-3474.
In the meantime,you can still watch live TV."

I'd been having the system freeze up and had rebooted many times before this message appeared and even the error message of "HARD DRIVE FAILURE" a couple of times.

So...would it be worth the hassle of preparing my external hard drive by copying/pasting all the stuff that's on it right now in order to use it on the DISH system? I don't mind doing all the work involved in prepping the hard drive but would be REALLY upset if all that work was for nothing.

Is the hard drive totally fried to the point that connecting an external hard drive would not even work to transfer programs?

Any help is appreciated! :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)