ViP 722 Install Questions

Muckrak3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Texas
Okay, I'm not a total n00b.... but you may think so after this post!

I am getting the 722 installed this Saturday to replace a 522 SD DVR and an 811 HD receiver. I have 2 questions:

1) - I do not have HDMI in/outputs on my Pioneer Elite Receiver. I am planning on running the picture on HDMI straight to my TV and the audio on Optical through my receiver. Will I notice a picture quality increase going from Component to HDMI? Will I notice any audio latency since it will be processed via my receiver?

2) - I see the back panel of the 722 doesn't appear to have a coax connection to TV2. Is this right? Will the installer run RCA cables all the way to my TV2? It's on the other side of my house!

Okay, so that's more like 5 questions in 2 groups!

In case you missed it, the "agile" modulator of the 622/722 can output upper OTA or cable channel numbers on 2 different channels. They should be at least 2 numers apart and not on any OTA or cable channel you might also have, mixed or not. For a day or two I had both a 622 and 722 on 4 channels mixed with my OTA and it worked, likely 60 62 64 66. There is only 1 output coax but both channels are on it.
-Ken

You will most likely not notice any better PQ with HDMI over component. In fact, many prefer component.

1) - I do not have HDMI in/outputs on my Pioneer Elite Receiver. I am planning on running the picture on HDMI straight to my TV and the audio on Optical through my receiver. Will I notice a picture quality increase going from Component to HDMI?

I did not see any difference in picture quality comparing HDMI and component. I am currently using component video with optical audio on my 722 and all is well.

I did not see any difference in picture quality comparing HDMI and component. I am currently using component video with optical audio on my 722 and all is well.

I hooked up with component straight away (which there were no HD cables included in the 722 box at all, component or hdmi) with optical audio too. I can't imagine the picture could get any better at all, so I won't even bother attempting hdmi, especially after seeing so many people with an actual preference of RBG. The 722 is 'uh very nice' as Borat would say!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)