ViP 722K started rebooting

30 hours now of constant rebooting.

Oh, well, I guess a replacement might ship tomorrow or Tuesday, be here Friday or the following Wed. It's been an interesting weekend with no television... think I'll drop in the cable office in the morning just get something temporary (already have cable modem, hope they'll move quickly on adding TV).

Yeah, I even removed the OTA module. And the Sling adapter. Still just gets to the "Starting up..." and reboots.

If I leave it unplugged a while, it does the Warning 981 screen, downloads software, then goes back to "Starting up..." and keeps restarting (going black, then back to that screen). Occasionally it just stops with all the lights on the front flashing.

Frustrating to have to wait a week for a replacement when I see the trucks out every day. But, I get it, they're hookin' up new customers, and I've only been a customer for almost 15 years.

Does it ever stay up long enough for you to try the remote keystrokes to clear NVRAM and/or format the harddrive?

My 622 did this when the drive went bad. It took a long time before it recovered, and then I installed a new drive. Could be a reformat might be all you need

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-magic-hidden-commands-reformat-722-hard.html

It won't get that far. Not even for a second. I wish it would, I'd try those things.

Just got off the phone with 'em, best they can do is try for the 20th to get a receiver here. That's frustrating. At best.

I had a 722K a month back that did the same thing, reboot, reboot, reboot... The HD was full of programs we wanted badly so we tried several things to get it to boot. Nothing worked until I tried heating it up with a hair dryer. It booted and stayed on long enough to copy the programs to an EHD. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)