ViP 922 Audio lag issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ntg5659e

Original poster
May 19, 2010
ABQ
I upgraded from the 622 to the 922 in the last week. When fast forwarding, rewinding, skipping forward or backward on the 922 there is a lag of 1.5 to 2 seconds between the time the video appears and the audio resumes. Not a big deal but makes navigation sloppy.

The same functions on the 622 were razor sharp.

Has anybody else noticed this with the 922?

Dish has sent the question up to engineering but I'll probably never know where that leads.

Might sound strange, but make sure the 922 is connected to the internet. It takes awhile for the 922 to stabilize when installed.

I upgraded from the 622 to the 922 in the last week. When fast forwarding, rewinding, skipping forward or backward on the 922 there is a lag of 1.5 to 2 seconds between the time the video appears and the audio resumes. Not a big deal but makes navigation sloppy.

Yes......and mine has been connected to the internet for months. The 922 is fun but it's far from a perfect receiver. In truth the 622 had audio issues early on too.

No, it functions fine without an internet connection. I used it several times at my tailgate this year. It only needs internet for all of the stuff that you would expect (DishOnline, ordering more than 5 PPVs or VODs)

It doesn't have to have internet connected, but if you're not going to connect internet, why spend the extra 200 dollars? The main features that are an upgrade over the 722k all require internet such as the sling or the dlna. If you're not going to use that stuff save 200 bucks and get the 722k.

Dish has sent the question up to engineering but I'll probably never know where that leads.

Back to the OP's original question, I too have noticed the exact same thing. And it seems to be worse sometimes than others and I haven't been able to find any correlation to anything else going on at the same time. But it definitely is not as crisp as my old 722.

Like the OP said, its not the biggest issue in the world, just something worth noting and maybe it can be fixed in future software updates.

My 922 has had sound lag probs too- mostly on local channels send to me via DISH. I think they get their local cannel signals OTA and then just beam up what they are receiving and the lag gets introduced there somehow. Seem less of a problem now that I have had the p22 for a while.

I still have big problem with sound cutting out for seconds at a time- on non local channels. That seems to be getting worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts