VIP 922 remote view error (31)

nick7

Jan 3, 2008
software version : S115 XAJD
boot Strap : 1333 XAJD
I had problem with my old VIP 922 and got replacement , now another problem of remote view
I can login and see all the information of receiver but cant play DVR or live TV I get
"Could not connect to your device. (Error 31) (31)."

I have made no changes to firewall , same port and IP access.

Also noted when reboot by pressing red button or cold boot, it takes long time seems 4 to 5 tries (meaning blank screen and loading message again but finally it will load).

Thanks in Advance for any idea's

Ray C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 21, 2010
Littleton, Co.,US
nick7,

I'm sorry you are experiencing problems with our Remote Access feature. When you see the Error 31, do you attempt to connect again to see if it will connect the second time? When you say Cold boot, are you unplugging the receiver from the electrical outlet for 10 seconds and plugging back in? If not, give that a try and let me know if you are still having problems. Thanks.

nick7

Jan 3, 2008
Yes I have tried conneting again on the same screen when I get the error but the same error, Also coming from IT side, I did cold boot /unplugging the receiver from power for more than 10 sec.

I call the dish support and they are sending the replacement for the replacement unit.
One more thing I noted that sling firmwareID was 0-0-0 and my old receiver had 3-2-10

Last edited:

zoodski

Jun 19, 2011
ME
I started getting this same error since software version s113. s114 and s115 have been much better. I called dish and talked to a very knowledgeable cs guy and it was probably the best cs call to anyone I have ever called. Real nice guy who walked me through how to connect. First unplug receiver, then when it boots back up go to broadband setup and reset connection ( do this even if it shows everything is ok ) and save, next go into settings and select diagnostics, hit test connection and when its done select send status. When thats done close everything out and wait a couple of minutes and try connecting again. You must do everything for this to work. He told me the receiver and sling box are two units in one and even though the receiver shows broadband connection is ok the sling may not have connection. Doing these steps will get the receiver and sling connected. I had to do this all the time on software s113 and since the last two software updates I've only had to do it once or twice. This has worked flawlessly everytime I've done it.

Hope this helps.

dnargsiefil

Jun 28, 2012
Plymouth, MN
Just tried the same remote connection and i get this error. However I was able to setup a recording for the show I want to watch. If I try to actually watch something online (using IE) it brings up the Could not connect to your device. (Error 31) error.
I really can' unplug me receiver and do all this stuff, since I'm not at home ... main use case for me having the sling adapter in the first place. If I would be home I just watch it on my TV. :)
I was able to watch stuff on my cell phone maybe in the beginning of the year but since then it has never worked again.
I figured if I can see the list of my recordings and even can program the receiver I'm golden... but that is not the case for watching online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)