VIP 922 Search

dsheri

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2010
Tallapoosa, GA
I have the VIP 922 since yesterday but the search still not finding any shows. After a few hours it will find On Demand items but still not anything from the programing guide.

Dustin Sheridan

New Dish Network Customer
922 and 722

I am not sure if this will help, but I went online and the search worked so I set up a few timers. The next morning, the search worked on the 922.

I think it takes a few days for the 922 to settle down. After a couple of days the search and all of the tv show pictures loaded and all of the little bugs seemed to disappear. The first day I was about ready to throw it out the window and go back to direct. But after a few days I am starting to like it.

Thanks. The 922 is starting to populate the data better now (although it is not finished) but looks like it might take a few days and I did have to do one reboot.

I could use search instantly once it the 922 was installed. The search on this receiver is really good. Well worth the upgrade.

Just to confirm what a lot of the others are saying. Mine took a few days for the search to start working. (Along with the channel logos.)

Mine took about 24 hours before search started to work. But, I had another question...

Where's the search history? On the 722, when you searched for something, it would store the search terms under History. That way, you could re-search the same search terms next week or later without having to re-enter them.

Same here,,, Search didnt work the first 2 days but now it works great.
I love how you can search for an actor too....

Mine took about 24 hours before search started to work. But, I had another question...

Where's the search history? On the 722, when you searched for something, it would store the search terms under History. That way, you could re-search the same search terms next week or later without having to re-enter them.

Go to search the first pull down has history at the bottom.

Same symptoms here. Monday, the evening after my install, the Search feature didn't work. Tried again last night (Tuesday) and it is working Great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)