VIP receiver installation

I heard Charlie will return to the field and make a few installations himself, just to see what it’s like for customer fronted workers.

:rollingeyes

About as likely as another ViP series being released, IMHO.

More likely, the Hopper Light.

If that was in response to my post above it let me explain further. They will be disabling the DVR capabilities of old 722's and using them to replace old 322's and 222's. 322's and 222's are going away totally and won't need to be returned to DISH anymore at all.

They are also working in a 'Duo' Hopper type receiver to replace the 722's.

With a 2nd tv output with no additional outlet fee?

Will it have the damn CUI?

From what I hear there will not be a second output. It will basically be a stripped down fast Hopper with 2 tuners. But I didn't hear a lot of details yet.

IMHO 2 output receivers are a thing of the past as far as DISH is concerned.

If that was in response to my post above it let me explain further. They will be disabling the DVR capabilities of old 722's and using them to replace old 322's and 222's. 322's and 222's are going away totally and won't need to be returned to DISH anymore at all.

We’re thinking a duo tuner Wally. Dish wants uniformity through all the receivers

Reactions: pattykay
We’re thinking a duo tuner Wally. Dish wants uniformity through all the receivers
IF they ever do a duo sat tuner on the Wally and enable the ota dongle to do two channels at the same time on the Wally, you would basically have a 722k without the tv 2 output. Then you could add your own hard drive and save the $15.00 dvr fee . This could be the Hopper Light and it would keep uniformity. No need for another brand of receiver . My parents would go for this if they could still diplex the sat and ota on the same cable.

IF they ever do a duo sat tuner on the Wally and enable the ota dongle to do two channels at the same time on the Wally, you would basically have a 722k without the tv 2 output. Then you could add your own hard drive and save the $15.00 dvr fee . This could be the Hopper Light and it would keep uniformity. No need for another brand of receiver . My parents would go for this if they could still diplex the sat and ota on the same cable.

You can diplex an OTA on the Wally now, if I'm not mistaken. I'm trying to figure out how they would add a second TV. Possibly diplexed also?? There was mention of a non DVR Hopper/Joey combo when the idea of removing VIP installs first came out, so if the Wally is a Duo Tuned receiver, is there a Joey that would work at TV2?? I guess it's just beyond me on a Sunday morning to figure it out

From what I hear there will not be a second output. It will basically be a stripped down fast Hopper with 2 tuners. But I didn't hear a lot of details yet.

IMHO 2 output receivers are a thing of the past as far as DISH is concerned.
It's unfortunate they won't come out with an upgraded "fast" Hopper 2 (HWS) because I don't really need more than the three tuners. They'll always try to get me to upgrade to the H3.

Wally has no RF output no component output so second TV would have to be a second HDMI output. Front, left side and back are pretty much full. That leaves right side for HDMI#2. How much thicker does the Wally have to become to add another circuit board, how much additional heat?

I use a vip211k. Are there any newer receivers that will handle the outboard HDD and the OTA tuner? I like the options that the 211k has. No receiver or HDD fees either. I read there is some dongle that can be hooked up to a Hopper(?) that will work like the 211k. I have a Roku so I can get the on demand apps from Exix, HBO, Starz, since the 211k does not offer an internet option.

I'm trying to figure out how they would add a second TV. Possibly diplexed also?

The normal bandstacked coax coming from a DPP LNB allows the OTA antenna to be diplexed.
Are there any newer receivers that will handle the outboard HDD and the OTA tuner?

Yes; the Wally!

When is the cut-off date for re-activating a 222, for those of us who already have one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)