VIP Receiver Retirement

PvrExplorerPro-722 supposedly does just that for unencrypted files. Note that I haven't tried it (yet) so I don't know if it still works.

When was the last time you tried this? It didn't work for me last year on my 722k. The files on both the external and internal drives were encrypted. Every one of them... You can see them, you just can't do anything with them...

When was the last time you tried this? It didn't work for me last year on my 722k. The files on both the external and internal drives were encrypted. Every one of them... You can see them, you just can't do anything with them...

Interesting. As I wrote above, I have never tried it. I thought only certain channels were encrypted on the internal drive. HBO comes to mind. Did you try this on a wide variety of channel recordings, or only only a few?

Interesting. As I wrote above, I have never tried it. I thought only certain channels were encrypted on the internal drive. HBO comes to mind. Did you try this on a wide variety of channel recordings, only only a few?

All recordings, whether premium channels or just local network stuff was encrypted.

Interesting. As I wrote above, I have never tried it. I thought only certain channels were encrypted on the internal drive. HBO comes to mind. Did you try this on a wide variety of channel recordings, or only only a few?
I thought they are ALL encrypted. Cases like HBO are copy-protected (on top of the encryption).

Recordings on the 722 hard drive are not encrypted. Recordings on the EHD are encrypted, but when I had a 722 I was able to move EHD recordings back to the internal drive and rip them (MPEG4 recordings) to my PC with PVRExplorer-722 2012-08-01-TS.exe

Reactions: TheKrell
Recordings on the 722 hard drive are not encrypted. Recordings on the EHD are encrypted, but when I had a 722 I was able to move EHD recordings back to the internal drive and rip them (MPEG4 recordings) to my PC with PVRExplorer-722 2012-08-01-TS.exe

I was on Eastern Arc, and my recordings were encrypted on a 722k on both drives. This was last year in April just before I dropped my sub.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts