VIP Receiver Retirement

With a $5 DVR fee and a $7 Joey fee, it would be $12 total, which is less than the current $15 ViP DVR fee. Anyone with a grandfathered DVR fee would still be screwed, though.

The current promotion for new customers for the first 2 years is $5 per Joey.

With a $5 DVR fee and a $7 Joey fee, it would be $12 total, which is less than the current $15 ViP DVR fee. Anyone with a grandfathered DVR fee would still be screwed, though.

If you compare regular prices with regular prices it will be more if the Dou's regular price is $10 DVR and $7 for the Joey. :)

Dish is even mentioning the Hopper Duo on their site. Did I miss a thread about this new receiver? A search doesn't bring anything up.

ktJMdHR.png

If even allowed.
I don't see why a second Hopper Duo would not be allowed. How else is Dish going to upgrade subscribers currently using multiple ViP DVRs, make them add a Wally at each additional TV? If that is the case, then why not go with an all-Wally solution and be done with it?

I don't see why a second Hopper Duo would not be allowed. How else is Dish going to upgrade subscribers currently using multiple ViP DVRs, make them add a Wally at each additional TV? If that is the case, then why not go with an all-Wally solution and be done with it?

In DISH's eyes, an upgrade for a multiple ViP DVR customer would be to move them to the Hopper family. The Hopper Duo is simply a less expensive (both up front and monthly) DVR alternative to the existing Hopper receiver family for new customers. Grandfathered ViP customers aren't the target audience for the Hopper Duo. DISH very much wanted to do away with the SD TV2 limitation of the ViP receivers and the Hopper Duo w/Joey does that nicely at a lower new customer price point. That, in addition to it's other features make the Hopper Duo a big upgrade for new customers currently getting ViP DVRs.

As far as 2 Hopper Duo's on an account goes, unless you are wanting it for redundancy, an H3 and Joey's would be a superior setup at a likely lower price point as well.

All that said, Grandfathered customers are welcome (so far) to stay with their $7 and $10 mo. ViP DVRs if they'd like to.

With all the talk about the end coming for the 222k I just activated a second one I had laying around before it's a doorstop..I use a 222k in my camper because it's easiest to hookup tv in bedroom using the existing coax that the camper was already wired for..Curious what solution they will have for my need of 2tv's in rv..Hear a lot of problems with wally..Only works if it receives all 3 sats on west arc Which is impossible at times for me or both on east..VIP will let you view what's available..

With all the talk about the end coming for the 222k I just activated a second one I had laying around before it's a doorstop..I use a 222k in my camper because it's easiest to hookup tv in bedroom using the existing coax that the camper was already wired for..Curious what solution they will have for my need of 2tv's in rv..Hear a lot of problems with wally..Only works if it receives all 3 sats on west arc Which is impossible at times for me or both on east..VIP will let you view what's available..
I think I read that Dish came up with a fix for that, but I don't know for sure because I haven't tried it myself.

I think I read that Dish came up with a fix for that, but I don't know for sure because I haven't tried it myself.
Another problem is in camper I have a 32" tv mounted with a hook type wall mount in bedroom..No place to put a receiver..The coax and 110v are behind tv..I take the tv off wall when mobile or it will rip it off the wall..we all know how strong the studs are in campers..lol

Reactions: TheKrell
Another problem is in camper I have a 32" tv mounted with a hook type wall mount in bedroom..No place to put a receiver..The coax and 110v are behind tv..I take the tv off wall when mobile or it will rip it off the wall..we all know how strong the studs are in campers..lol
The Wally is light-weight enough that it could probably be easily wall-mounted if you don't have space for a receiver. I agree that I would take it down when moving, though. :)

I was looking at replacing my VIP612 in the next months, the Hopper Duo would be the best equivalent? (I only need DVR and HD for 1 TV)

And as for installation, does anybody know if it will simply connect into my existing setup (Dishpro) or will I have to do the node conversion?

Reactions: dishdude

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)