VIP Receiver Retirement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Why would Dish call anything that cannot hop over commercials a "Hopper Lite"? Can the Wally hop?
The Hopper was out for quite a few months before AutoHop became a thing. Think back to 2012, and it wasn’t until around August/Septemberish for autohop, even though the Hopper released in April.

I heard VIP receivers will no longer be activated on New or Existing Dish accounts effective January 16, 2018 which means the last day to activate will be January 15, 2018. Is this true?
Hmm, sounds like an "as is" disclaimer might be useful on that 622 i have for sale on ebay.

The Hopper was out for quite a few months before AutoHop became a thing. Think back to 2012, and it wasn’t until around August/Septemberish for autohop, even though the Hopper released in April.

Yes, but I'm pretty sure Dish anticipated AutoHop when they named the Hopper. ;)

Not comparing it. From everything I have read, it is actual 722ks being used.

No, the 722's with disabled hard drives will be used to replace 222/322's.

The Hopper Duo is a Hopper with 2 tuners, no Sling and no PTAT. You will be able to add 1 Joey to it for a second room connection.

Why would Dish call anything that cannot hop over commercials a "Hopper Lite"? Can the Wally hop?
Not with AutoHop, and neither can Hopper Duo.

The Wally and ViPs hop just fine, 30 seconds per button press.
Wally can hop even farther than that, if you tell Alexa to do it. (Okay, it is still 30 seconds per skip, but the skips happen faster with no button presses. Just say "Alexa, skip forward two minutes.")

Reactions: david_jr
Supposedly the DVR fee will be less than the Hopper. $5 instead of $10 for new customers and $10 instead of $15 regular price.
Then add the Joey fee to that, for those who switch from a ViP722k, and the savings are still not that great, unless Dish is also waiving, or at least reducing, the Joey fee. In many cases, any Joey fee would actually make the Hopper Duo cost more.

Then add the Joey fee to that, for those who switch from a ViP722k, and the savings are still not that great, unless Dish is also waiving, or at least reducing, the Joey fee. In many cases, any Joey fee would actually make the Hopper Duo cost more.

Of course it will cost more. You didn't actually think it would cost less did ya. :biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)