Vip211 upgradr from 811

Bajaeddie

Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Called Dish and they said I have to wait until Feb. 1st to call in. I have read that some people on here contacted dish and there sending out a vip211. I have talked to Tech Support and they are so confused about everything. Any suggestions on what the next step should be? Better to lease or Buy?

Same from here. Wait until Feb first to call. I tried to buy a 211 from Dish today and they said no. Only a week away.

I just installed my 211 that I purchased today and all went well. When speaking to HD Tech Support (really nice guy) he told me the only thing they have been told is that for existing customers with 811's can get a 211 for $49 after the 1st. These poor guys don't even know which HD locals are going to be live on Feb, 1st. No communication at Dish. I directed him to this website and he is now informed or will be when he gets home.

pajer said:
received my 211 yesterday and had it activated through the dish'n it up lease upgrade from a 301 for 49.00, can't wait till feb 1st to order my 611 for the 299 upgrade fee.

If you got the 211 through Dish'n It Up...you will have to wait a year to get the 622 as a lease....or you can just buy it outright. Only one HD receiver per year under the lease program. This has been stated in various threads on this site.

Mark

pajer said:
received my 211 yesterday and had it activated through the dish'n it up lease upgrade from a 301 for 49.00, can't wait till feb 1st to order my 611 for the 299 upgrade fee.

How did you make this happen?

Pajer

How did you get your approval for two upgrades? I wrote a very professional and respectful email to the CEO's office more than a week ago outlining how I have been jacked around by DISH over HD locals.

I live outside of LA, but cannot get anything OTA. When I was considering coming to E, I explained I can't get OTA because of where I live. They guaranteed I would get HD Locals OTA with a Channel Master antenna. I went for the lie and subscribed. Well, I still have SD locals and now a useless antenna. I have two 811's and now they're saying only one upgrade. I wrote that I was giving them the opportunity to do what is right and upgrade both boxes. I will have HD locals next week. If not with E, I will go with D. They have not responded. Any suggestions???

Motion Blur!

Need additional dish to receive Voom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)