VIP211/VIP622 Black version?

mlinuxg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2003
Does Dishnetwork off a black version of the Vip211 and Vip622?

My television, tv stand and other components are all black. I'm about to go HD. I would prefer that the satellite receiver boxes be black instead of the silver versions that Dishnetwork shows on their website.

Does Dishnetwork off a black version of the Vip211 and Vip622?

My television, tv stand and other components are all black. I'm about to go HD. I would prefer that the satellite receiver boxes be black instead of the silver versions that Dishnetwork shows on their website.

well.. let me ask you a question

do you want to see the reciver.. you can always put it behind a cloth like a speaker grill , should let the IR get thu

e..b

or yea, i guess you could always use that tint like stuff on it.. see if that works

Yeah E* should really offer their 211 and 622 models in at least two color options (black and silver) but that would cost them more from manufacturing side so we are stuck with the color choice they decide to give us :-(

You could go with DIY route (as mentioned here) but I would only do it if you own your reciver, most of us lease it and E* would not like that you change it (warranty etc...)

Yeah E* should really offer their 211 and 622 models in at least two color options (black and silver) but that would cost them more from manufacturing side so we are stuck with the color choice they decide to give us :-(

You could go with DIY route (as mentioned here) but I would only do it if you own your reciver, most of us lease it and E* would not like that you change it (warranty etc...)

The problem with that is that we will then have customers who want to switch their receivers from black to silver and vice versa!

Its like Henry Ford said once, you can have whatever color car you want as long as it is black.

Ill admit, all my stuff (tv too) is all black, and my 811 sticks out like a sour thumb! Want to get a 622 (three actually, but not enough cash!) but the color thing does kinda throw it off, do wish Dish had a black one!

Same problem in the other room , but with the Black 625, and the rest of the stuff is silver, just cant win!

Edit: What would actually would be great would be skin packs (like they have for xboxes, ps2's, DS's etc) , but alas its not as marketable as those for video game systems

Contact Dish and see if they might be interested in licensing you to provide black bezels for their silver receivers.

If there is a market, you might win big.

..any color you want...

Every few years, the hi fi mfgrs switch from black to silver and back.
Well, maybe it's every few decades, but I've seen it quite a few times...:rolleyes:
The whole point is to obsolete what you have, and/or make you want the new style.

Black is the color of the Syntax 532/537/542 series of LCD TV sets (in 32/37/42 inches, respectively)
So, now they've also come out with models 432/437/442 (not sure about that last one) which are in a light color.
Supposedly the 400-series has some less feature/connector, but I couldn't find any difference in the specs besides the color.

Couple of years ago, I did get a can of silver spray paint and fix a CD burner which had a milky white bezel.
That went so well , I made a floppy drive bezel to match.
Now, of course, all those items come in black/silver/beige, et al.

If you are too timid to remove the bezel for a proper spray, what about some wide vinyl tape in the color of your choice?
Might find it in hobby shops, bicycle shops, or art supply stores. Look around.
Look for something that'll come off easily, and not leave a nasty residue.

I think mlinuxg has a good point. Dish could at least offer an interchangeable front bezel in the next generation of mpeg4 receivers. If designed right, a customer could buy and self install a black fascia from Dish without compromising the electronics. Aesthetics DO matter to some of us, spray paint and duct tape notwithstanding.

I think mlinuxg has a good point. Dish could at least offer an interchangeable front bezel in the next generation of mpeg4 receivers. If designed right, a customer could buy and self install a black fascia from Dish without compromising the electronics. Aesthetics DO matter to some of us, spray paint and duct tape notwithstanding.

Oh cool. Green and white zebra stripes, ala XBOX 360 ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)