VIP211K EPG question

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
Is it just me or was there a recent change in the way the EPG operates on my 211K?

It seems to default to "My Channels" in the guide which doesn't display my local OTA subchannels in the listing, only the main local channels. Antenna is connected and signal is strong.

I can select a favorite and create a custom list or select "Locals" which will display only the locals including the subchannels and it will save after leaving the screen and returning to the guide again later will be still where I left it.

Previously, I could select "All Channels" in the EPG setup and it would stay defaulted to it. Now it will display the "All Channels" only during the guide viewing session but once exiting and going back it will be on "My Channels" again unless I select a favorites or "Locals" instead.

I see no way to save "All Channels" in the setup for a default viewing choice.

All Channels is no longer a default guide option. All Channels is the ONLY list that will revert to My Channels if left selected. All other lists will remain where you left them but All Channels will always change back to My Channels.

All Channels is no longer a default guide option. All Channels is the ONLY list that will revert to My Channels if left selected. All other lists will remain where you left them but All Channels will always change back to My Channels.

Unofficial reason that I heard (remember, unofficial). Too many people with their list on All Channels then calling in with an 013 error for a channel they don't subscribe to. Fixing in, then they call in again some time later when they get off the channels they subscribe to. When you're set to All Channels, and you channel up or down, it will go to channels that you do not subscribe to, and you'll get the message that you don't subscribe, but that you can call for an upgrade. Whole lot of elderly people getting stuck and confused on that 013 error screen.

You can still select All Channels to see the channels you don't have, but it won't stay that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)