ViP612 - Package Contents

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

john81

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
North Pole
Hello!

Just wondering what's inside the box of a ViP612. Any HDMI or Component Cables and approximate length? Ethernet Cable? etc etc.

Thanks for any help!

I wasn't concerned about the batteries but my brother bought a VIP612 and I bought him a 1000.4.. I'd hate thinking I have everything for install to find out that I need to end up having to order a separator.. That'd stink.

Checkout Monoprice for cables. All orders are sent Priority Mail.
Not true! My last two orders, including one in transit, were shipped UPS ground. Possibly they'll do that for light orders. (I ordered several hundred feet of RG6 in that last order.)

Awesome, thanks for the replies everyone. I'm gonna put in an order for a HDMI now. But I also plan on using the 612 for another HDTV approx 25ft away (regardless that the channel will be mirrored on both TV's), I plan on using components for the further 2nd HDTV. I noticed on monoprice that they have a much cheaper 25ft RG59 component cable than the 25ft RG6 Component Cable. I'm cautious to go with the RG59 cuz it's 25ft long. Any opinions on this?

Awesome, thanks for the replies everyone. I'm gonna put in an order for a HDMI now. But I also plan on using the 612 for another HDTV approx 25ft away (regardless that the channel will be mirrored on both TV's), I plan on using components for the further 2nd HDTV. I noticed on monoprice that they have a much cheaper 25ft RG59 component cable than the 25ft RG6 Component Cable. I'm cautious to go with the RG59 cuz it's 25ft long. Any opinions on this?
RG59 will be fine.

This is what gets me angry with these companies. They provide a HD box but the only cables they give you are for SD 480i composite crud.

And you buy an expensive HD TV and they still make you buy the cables to hook that up too.. Nobody knows exactly what will be needed to hook up your particular install. If they planned for everything there would be lots of wasted cables going out.. Which makes the cost go up for everyone. Just buy what you need to hook it up and you will be fine.

And you buy an expensive HD TV and they still make you buy the cables to hook that up too.. Nobody knows exactly what will be needed to hook up your particular install. If they planned for everything there would be lots of wasted cables going out.. Which makes the cost go up for everyone. Just buy what you need to hook it up and you will be fine.

But come on, common sense if you have a HDTV why would you want to hook it up using cables that only give you crappy 480i resolution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)