VIP622 and DP34 Help Please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ilkhoor

Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
I have been racking my brain at this one for a while. I have a dish 1000, vip 622, 501, and FTA receivers. I ran rg6 out of 1 of the 2 slots on the 129 lnb, and 2 rg6 runs out the 110/119 lnb (they are ran out of the 2 left slots and the right slot is empty.) I have ran all 3 cables to a dp34 switch. At times my FTA is picking up all 3 sats and working fine, but some times one of more sats lose signal and it doesn't work at all. When I run a check switch on my 622 and 501 it shows a reception error but when i go back to the signal meter on 110, 119, and 129 they all show good receptions. I have changed coax out and still the same problem. I have tried running coax directly to the receiver (bypassing the seperator) and still no luck. If I hook up the the lnb's with a cable connecting the 129 to the 119 and bypass the switch everything seems to work fine, although I only can run 2 recievers (which is the way the installer hooked it up). Do you think my switch is bad? I am running my cable wrong from the lnb's? I cannot think of what else I might be doing wrong. Please HELP!!!

How many lines are you connecting to the 622? When you run the lines directly from the LNB to the 622 I assume you are using 1 line and it works fine. If you use the DP34 switch you need to run 2 lines from the switch to the 622 and NOT use the seperator. Seperators do not work with DP34 switches, but will work with a DPP Twin LNB which is what you describe. This sounds like the issue you are describing.

Why would you have an FTA Receiver hooked up to any of the Dish Birds along with a DP34. Unless you are hacking Dish's signal...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)