VIP622: Can I control TV2 with IR?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
I've searched around and as of 2007 it seems like Dish promised this feature to be available "soon" but I can't seem to find any information on it.

Can I control TV2 of the VIP622 via IR?

I'd like to use my own IR/RF universal remote control instead of the Dish one...

EDIT: Here is a page stating the converter should have been done around 10/5/2008: http://www.dishuser.org/tv2ir.php

I don't know how many of us have a Slingbox, Media Center or other device that could run nicely from TV2 but it's probably considerably higher than 0.01%.

I hate to harp on it but a simple code change in the firmware could accomplish this.

I've searched around and as of 2007 it seems like Dish promised this feature to be available "soon" but I can't seem to find any information on it.

During the last Charlie Chat the question was asked when TV2 IR Converter would be available, and the answer was "soon". Based on past experience, this means any possible time duration.

I don't know how many of us have a Slingbox, Media Center or other device that could run nicely from TV2 but it's probably considerably higher than 0.01%.

Yes, and add to that list the folks that want to use universal remote controls to control TV2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)