VIP622 Ethernet Connection ????

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
Would someone be kind enough to explain the advantages (or not) of hooking up my 622 to the ethernet? I hooked it up this morning in hopes that it will use it instead of my phoneline to call out at night- don't know if it will or not.
Also I see that there is a thing called Dish Cinema and a quick look showed a bunch of high priced movies (6-7 bucks) that I guess you can order. Other than that I'm not finding much use at all. Is there another area that I have not seen that you can go too?
Am I missing something?
Thanks, Gerry

As far as I know:
1) It can be used in place of land-line phone
2) You can access your DVR from the web to set timers/etc.

I think it is also used to access/download the movies on the new screen that you get with the first press of the DVR button on the remote...not so sure, since I don't really use any of the VOD stuff (and my internet data download is capped at 10Gb anyway).

Unless they've changed it, it'll take the place of the phone line for the DVR reporting its status, etc., nightly, but you can't use it to do other things you can do by phone line like checking your bill. I don't know whether you can use it for ordering PPVs because I don't order PPVs. But I know I could never check my bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts