Vip622 Failed Install By Dish Tec

DML

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2006
:mad: The installers could not aim the dish and get all sats after 5 hrs.
(110, 119, 129) We have 110 & 119 on TV1 with 60 - 80 sig.
I think it is time to DIY. How should a 622 with a 1000 be wired at the dish and into the VIP 622? I think the changed so many things they got lost.

Here't the standard configuration for up to two receivers, from the Tech Portal. For the Dish 1000, the second Dish 500 is replaced by a cable from the DP Dual to the DPP Twin.

Attachments

• dpp_02.jpg
    dpp_02.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 283
The Dish 1000 has three coax lines that feed the DPP44 they should have installed. An inline power inserter needs to be on the DPP44 output #1 to the first receiver. To feed the 622 all you need is one coax from the dpp44. Install a separater (not a splitter) at the 622 that splits the single coax to a dual feed into the 622. My installer said setting the dish point screen to 119 transponder 11 is the best place to peak to get all three satellites.

for one receiver,
DISH 1000 -> three coax --> DPP44 --> single coax at output 1---> power inserter (plug into wall) ---> single coax -----> Dish separater ---> two short coax (8")--->inputs to 622.

for each additional receiver, just run the coax lines off the other outputs, no additional power inserters required (only on #1)

OP - Where are you located? Sounds like you're getting marginal but possibly OK results on 110 and 119. (80 is adequate; 60 will likely give you problems with rain fade, etc.)

You can also use a separate dish for 129 or point it instead to 61.5. In either case you can use the wiring scheme that either mdonnelly or jetskier provided, depending on whether or not you have an external switch. (The DPP Twin LNB has the switch built into it.) Peak the 1000 for best 110/119 results then tune the separate dish independently for best results on whichever 3rd sat. you choose. Many folks in this forum report much better performance with 129 using a separate dish, and unless your HD locals are coming from 129 you might be better off in general pointing to 61.5...

Welcome, BTW...

I think it is time to DIY. How should a 622 with a 1000 be wired at the dish and into the VIP 622? I think the changed so many things they got lost.

Where are you located??

Location = Madison Wi. The 622 is replacing a Dish 500 sys with two DVR,S and is mounted on my old C Band mast. My view should be good. I have been and are now using the C Band coax. the Dish tec said that the cable is ok. The first try they came out of the dish with the two coax (no switch must be in LMB) into the 622 TV1 with one and TV2 with the other. Second try installed a Dish separater @ the 622. Third try G** only knows but they may have a DPP44 with out a power inserter.

You don't need a DPP44 with a Dish1000 and a 622.

The Dish1000 will have a DPP-Twin and a DP-Dual for LNB's. The DP-Dual will feed into the DPP-Twin to give you the 129. The Twin will receiver the 110+119. You would only need 1 line from the dish to the receiver location.

The one line will connect to the DP-Seperator behind the receiver so you can feed both tuners.

What company is doing these installations.

By the way I leave for Madison on Sunday. Will be there untill the 23rd. PM me if you need help.

how many receivers do you have in the configuration? Just the 622? If so it is not necessary to use a DPP44....
Check the direction in which the dish is pointing..Are there any obstructions?...

OP - Where are you located? Sounds like you're getting marginal but possibly OK results on 110 and 119. (80 is adequate; 60 will likely give you problems with rain fade, etc.)

You can also use a separate dish for 129 or point it instead to 61.5. In either case you can use the wiring scheme that either mdonnelly or jetskier provided, depending on whether or not you have an external switch. (The DPP Twin LNB has the switch built into it.) Peak the 1000 for best 110/119 results then tune the separate dish independently for best results on whichever 3rd sat. you choose. Many folks in this forum report much better performance with 129 using a separate dish, and unless your HD locals are coming from 129 you might be better off in general pointing to 61.5...

Welcome, BTW...
I peak on the 119 then tweak on the 129..I'm in NC..Using this method I get mid 70's to low 90's on the 129..the DNSC manual says to NOT fine tune on the 129.. Phooey....

Location = Madison Wi. The 622 is replacing a Dish 500 sys with two DVR,S and is mounted on my old C Band mast. My view should be good. I have been and are now using the C Band coax. the Dish tec said that the cable is ok. The first try they came out of the dish with the two coax (no switch must be in LMB) into the 622 TV1 with one and TV2 with the other. Second try installed a Dish separater @ the 622. Third try G** only knows but they may have a DPP44 with out a power inserter.
From your location the 129 is at 26 degrees of elevation..
here's the link.....
http://www.satsig.net/ssazelm.htm...
take photos and paste them here or email me thru PM..I wil see what what's and maybe I can help..

How are the LMB'S wired

From DML @ home
How are the LMB'S wired inside to have only one coax out?
I now have the DPP44 installed and three coax out and into the 44.
When the installers left they had a SW21 on the single LMB 129 & 119 on the dual 110 had no coax out or inside.

From DML @ home
How are the LMB'S wired inside to have only one coax out?
I now have the DPP44 installed and three coax out and into the 44.
When the installers left they had a SW21 on the single LMB 129 & 119 on the dual 110 had no coax out or inside.
???? How many receivers and what models are active on you account?
The proper term is LNBF...a.ka. LNB......

If A.E.I. is out of Rockford IL. that is the boys. Now only the 622. I have a second 80hr DVR active but will not use it until the 1000 - DPP44 & 622 are working. They had a DPP dual for 110 & 119 and a old legacy LMBF for 129, on the dish. Is there a DPP triple? (All in one head)

mad city dish install

If A.E.I. is out of Rockford IL. that is the boys. Now only the 622. I have a second 80hr DVR active but will not use it until the 1000 - DPP44 & 622 are working. They had a DPP dual for 110 & 119 and a old legacy LMBF for 129, on the dish. Is there a DPP triple? (All in one head)

An old legacy LnbF for 129 will not work with a dish pro plus lnb, you need a dp single going into the dpp twin.
Thats why you dont get 129........

Ok it should be: A 1000 dish with DPP Dual one coax out, a DPP Single with one coax out. (with long stingers) > DPP44 (for the second reciever after I get the 622 working) > the house > power inserter > seperator > 622.
I want to have this thing working by the time they come back so we can have a class on install.

Here's a typical DPP-44 setup. They could repace the DPP Twin with a DP Twin, to do the same thing.

Attachments

• DPPT_DPD.jpg
    DPPT_DPD.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 182

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)