Vip622 Install Not Until Feb 21st!

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
Vip622 Install Not Until Feb 21st! Additional INFO

I have my 622 on order. I made my call at 7:30am EST and it took 15 minutes to finish the transaction. I had to pay the $299 up front. I did that with a Visa. Then I was told the earliest install in my area would be on Feb 21st.

I was also told that I would not be able to receive any of the new channels until after I received my new receiver. The CSR offered me a $200 rebate if I waited until April. I asked if that was only for those who had a DVR already and she said no. She told me the offer was for all Dish customers. She told me I could order for after April 1st install and receive the $200 rebate. I declined and told her that I was ready to have my 622 installed now.

I was asked if I had 1 dish or 2 and was told that since I already have two that I would not be receiving the Dish1000. She said I would be able to receive everything off of the 61.5 location. She then told me that I could call back in a few days and see if I could get an installation sooner. I have my confirmation number for the 622 now for the 21st.

She also asked me if I was upgrading and I told her no. So she set me up as a new DVR customer. I am going to wait a couple of hours and then call back and see if I can upgrade one of my other receivers to a 211. I will let you know what I find out. :D

Last edited:
More Information. I called back and was told that this promotion will only allow for two tuners not two receivers. As the VIP622 has two tuners you can only get one and you would have to buy a VIP211. They currently do not have a price to sell on the VIP211.

With this promotion you can get 2 SD , 1 SD and 1 HD , 1 SD DVR or 1 HD DVR. That is it. I was also told that I would be receiving a DISH1000 because all the new HD channels are on 129 and that they would not be on 61.5. Hummmm -- we shall see.

called at 7am, on hold for 20 minutes, by the time the csr found all the info and promotions and pricing on her computer and the order was placed (vip622) it was 8am and my installation is schedualed for MARCH 2..........

Instead of a vip622, can a vip211and separate HD DVR be found to do the same for one tuner? If so, what HD DVRs are available? The lease & dvr cost were told to me to be $6 + $4.98 = $10.98/month for the vip622. The lease price would be the same but could eliminate the dvr monthly charge.

My 622 Upgrade is 2/25/06. CSR told me it was 6 or 7 hundred (Can't remember). I said "Hold IT" it should only be 299.00. Got that straitened out! I asked about the April rebate and was told it's only for those with duel-tuner/DVR's. (aka 942)Having an 811 and 5??/dvr I would'nt qualify for the rebate switching to a single 622. Also, I was told a service call was a must. I would have prefered them to just send the friggen receiver. (They need more training there)!

For once I am going to wait. All of you who pulled the trigger for the 622 and are willing to pay $299. For what? Most of you already have the HD package and are watching mpeg2. That means the Super Bowl and the Olympics in HD with the current equipment. All you are paying an extra $200 for is 4 weeks of HD in Mpeg4n because of the late Feb or early March install dates. I am going to wait until April 1st and do a 622 for $99. This makes sense to me. For once Dish is dangling a carrot I will actually wait for.:)

By the way, I asked about the VIP222 , not the 211 and was told they are available today but for the same deal as the 622. $299 This is contrary to the release date Scott eluded to.

Indy said:
For once I am going to wait. All of you who pulled the trigger for the 622 and are willing to pay $299. For what?

I'm perfectly satisfied with the older HD pack (I could care less for VOOM but still have it), but I also want my LiL HD. The only way to get that is with the new MPEG 4 receivers. I also want an HD DVR. Those are the only reasons why I'm going this route.

The Big Wood said:
I also want my LiL HD. .

I always forget about HD LIL. I have pretty good reception here in Indy for OTA and have had all my locals in HD for a few years that way so tend to forget other people are not as fortunate in the HD OTA realm as I am.:)

Those of us with leased 811s are NOT eligible for the $200 rebate. So there is no reason for us to wait until April. It will be the same price then as now.

I called at about 4:30am PST and was told the systems had just received the info for ordering the 622s (about 20 minutes the CSR said). I have a 2/21/06 install. Best I could do.

Also, do not forget that UniversalHD (new receivers only) will have Olympic coverage on top of NBC and the Dish Oly channel. So it will be nice to get that during Feb. especially if they show some of the hockey games with countries other than the US.

Hi all

Just moved and I have D* on hold till I make up my mind what to do. I am really pissed at D* for taking so long adding new HD channels ie: TNT as I am a big Nascar nut.

Dish is starting to look pretty good as I also use to have VOOM which was the best at the end I really miss that service.

Anyway called my local dealer and he said he does not know when he will be able to get the 611 and all he could get was the 211 for mpeg 4.

So called Dish and was told as a new custermer I could get the 611 for $299 for plus $49.95 connect fee. The best install date would be Feb 25th.

The price for programing was 70.96 for Top 120 with HD pack.

Does not look good for TNT HD for Feb 10th

:(
Tom

Bad news for you folks, I was told that you will not be able to receive UniversalHD and the Olympics with a MPEG2 receiver. You must have a 211, 411 or a 622. :(

JoeSp said:
Bad news for you folks, I was told that you will not be able to receive UniversalHD and the Olympics with a MPEG2 receiver. You must have a 211, 411 or a 622. :(

Scott says otherwise for both Olympic Event channel and UniversalHD channel. Both will be available in MPEG2 during the Olympics.

.....G

guruka said:
Scott says otherwise for both Olympic Event channel and UniversalHD channel. Both will be available in MPEG2 during the Olympics.

.....G

Scott-

Could you please chime in here and clear this up? I know you probably have it posted elsewhere, but if you have a moment and can comment here it would be much appreciated.

From what I have seen Scott and others mention is that none of the new HD channels will be available without Mpeg4 but that the Olympics will be clear for old and new units.

This is now up in the air and I am trying to get clarification.

I was talking with someone on the phone a few days ago and they told me the Olympics would be in MPEG2 and in addition Universal would be in MPEG2 for the olympics.

However today going through the Dish Network website I noticed the had an Olympic Website up (BTW from some strange reason I am seeing the old Dish Network website now complete with Anti Lifetime stuff.) but at the bottom of the page it said to view Universal HD you need a MPEG4 receiver.

I am trying to find out more now.

Scott Greczkowski said:
This is now up in the air and I am trying to get clarification.

I was talking with someone on the phone a few days ago and they told me the Olympics would be in MPEG2 and in addition Universal would be in MPEG2 for the olympics.

However today going through the Dish Network website I noticed the had an Olympic Website up (BTW from some strange reason I am seeing the old Dish Network website now complete with Anti Lifetime stuff.) but at the bottom of the page it said to view Universal HD you need a MPEG4 receiver.

I am trying to find out more now.

Much appreciate the info (as always). Keep us posted if you hear anything new.