VIP622 problem using manual timers on PPV Sports DirectKick

FSYoshi

Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Sorry if this is a duplicate but I'm getting a lot of connection timeouts to this site and it looks like my previous post didn't go through.

I have a VIP622 with L449 software rev.

I have the DirectKick package for MLS soccer, which shows up on PPV sports channels between 455 and 465.

I am trying to set up timers to record more than one of these matches that have overlapping program times, using the same tuner. I can't set up automatic recording of two programs with overlapping times, but I think I should be able to set up two manual timers so that the times don't overlap, and record both games.

The games will be over in approx. 2 hours from the scheduled start time, but they set up the program for 3 hours duration. Then there's another game on another channel that starts 2.5 hours from the previous game start. Should be no problem recording both full games using the same tuner, by using Manual Timers, right?

For example, tomorrow there's a game on 458 starting at 2:00 (scheduled 2:00-5:00), and another on 455 starting at 4:30 (scheduled 4:30 - 7:30). I'd like to record both using the same tuner.

Well, the problem I'm having is that these channels don't show up in the 'Channels' list in my Manual Timers setup on the VIP622. Actually, some of the channels show up in this list some of the time, but some of these channels don't ever seem to show up. I know that none of these channels are locked because I've unlocked everything and looked at my locked channels list, and still they don't consistently show up in the Channels list of the Manual Timer setup. They always show up in my Guide, so I could select these programs and automatically record either one of them, but I can't record both unless I can set up a manual timer recording of at least the first of these games. The Manual Timer setup requires that the channel be picked from the list, I can't just enter a channel number without it showing up in the list.

I figured I'd try here before calling Dish because I'm likely to not get anyone who can help by calling Dish, they'll just take me through the usual 'cookbook' troubleshooting routine (check switch, tell them what versions of everything my receiver reports, wait for them to reset everything) and the problem will still be there.

Have any of you encountered this?
And does anybody know if this "disappearing PPV channels" in the Manual Timers is a known issue, and is there any fix/workaround?