Vip622 TV2 output -> Vip211 antenna input ?

Chuck14

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Might sound crazy, but does anybody know if this will work? Here's why:

I currently have a 622 in the living room and a 211 in the basement. I have the TV2 output from the 622 run down to the basement and plugged into the antenna input on the TV there. This lets us watch recorded shows off the 622's hard drive on the basement TV if we want. The rest of the time we just use the 211.

Problem is, I think the basement TV is about to die. I'm looking at new TVs to replace it, and a lot of them don't have a tuner anymore, just component and/or HDMI input. No problem for the 211, but what do I do with my coax from the 622 TV2 output?

If only Dish would get off their a$$ and let us use the ethernet jacks to watch shows from a DVR on other receivers in the house, wouldn't even be a problem... :mad:

Your assumption that "a lot of them don't have tuners anymore" is incorrect.

As a matter of fact, very few monitors (display without tuners) are made anymore.

I have not seen a monitor in a big box store in several years, unless you go to a smaller than 25 inch display and these are really too small to experience HDTV on anyway.

32 inch HDTV's with ATSC/QAM tuner with HDMI and component inputs can be found for less than $350.

Tuners are so inexpensive that it is not practical for manufacturers to leave them out, even if not needed, because very few people want just monitors these days.

Jim, it's not just an "assumption". I have been shopping for new TV sets, and several of those that I am interested in are monitors only, no tuner.

Rather than debating that issue, does anyone have an answer to my actual question? Can I run the 622's TV2 output into the 211's antenna input? I suppose I can just try it but I don't want to fry anything. Also, I suspect you would have to have the settings just right on both receivers to make it work...

The output is NTSC. The input is looking for ATSC. So, the answer is no.

You don't have to go through the 211.

Hook the HDMI to one input and the "TV2" output to your antenna in on the TV.

Then you can just switch inputs on the TV using the remote.

I did it for fun before, but don't use it much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts