VIP722 & Crestron system

caboclipper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
Hello everybody:

I was wondering if I could install a vip722 together with a crestron system for home automatization.

The normal crestron system that I have seen before install an INFRARED sensor on the front of the satellite receiver, however my question is if this can be done to control output 2 as well, as far as I understand the remote control 2 on any dual receiver is UHF.

Can it be done ?

Maybe change the configuration to be both of them INFRARED, or maybe program the crestron system to understand UHF.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can control TV2 via IR with any universal remote. Your custom integrator needs to buy and install a TV2 IR Conversion Kit from Dish. So let him know ahead of time. But I have to ask why you'd even be using TV2 at all on a high end system?

Thank you Mdajev

The user who wants this is a customer of mine, and has a 120" tv system, with the crestron system he splits this huge tv in 4 and wants to be able to watch 4 different channels at the same time, he does it now during the tests with blue ray players as the additional feeds.

Crazy enough ? He has a lot of money to spend on excentric toys !! I guess I would to the same if I had his kind of money

Cool. I guess you'll need a converter for each DVR, and put all 4 feeds on different addresses.

I came across THIS video of how it works not too long ago. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Consider using 2 211K receivers with hard drives instead of a 722. That SD output maybe disappointing on the big screen, the 211 will give you 2 HD outputs and the hard drive can be up to 1TB.

Consider using 2 211K receivers with hard drives instead of a 722. That SD output maybe disappointing on the big screen, the 211 will give you 2 HD outputs and the hard drive can be up to 1TB.
At 60", SD will be more than a little disappointing when presented alongside an HD image.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)