VIP722, PIP, external audio

drhiii

Original poster
May 8, 2013
United States
Hello,

I have a VIP722. I am trying to figure out how to enable PIP plus have its audio sent to a separate audio device (wireless headphones), so one person can watch a program on the major portion of a TV screen and the PIP screen's audio is ported out to the wireless headphones.

PIP works fine. No problem there.

What I have done is attach RCA jacks to one of the 'sides' (1 or 2, and this isn't the right term but hopefully you get the idea)... when the primary screen is playing, let's say side 1, and the audio RCAs are attached, the wireless headset works fine. When I switch to side 2 in PIP, the audio signal reverts to '2', even though the RCAs are plugged into side 1 in the back of the VIP722.

I will test all this again... but it seems to me the audio ought to remain with the RCA side they are plugged in to.

Another way of asking this is.... anyone know how to run PIP, so the audio for the main view comes out the TV, and the PIP screen has its audio ported to an external device as in a wireless headset? Seems to me it should work, but I have not found any documentation towards this hence am looking for help here.

Help?

tx

Simply can't be done. There is no PIP audio to extract.

Too bad. Wondered why the separate RCA connections on the back of the VIP722 but the only audio that gets pushed out is the one that is on the screen. Seems RCAS would be pushing signals out that are related to their sides but, appears not. Drag...

The RCA jacks are merely alternate composite outputs for TV1/2.

Get a TV that has it's own PIP.. Then feed both feeds from the 722 in Dual mode to it.. Then you can do what you want. One of the feeds will be Standard def though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)