VIP722 Screenshot

jtb547

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
KY
Is this what the guide looks like on the 722?...

I was wondering if anyone had a screenshot of the program guide for the vip 722 if this isn't the one...

I signed up for service yesterday and have the install on Sat.

Would like to see the UI for the receiver...

Sorry for the lame request...

Thank you...

Attachments

• guide1.jpg
    guide1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
Is this what the guide looks like on the 722?...

I was wondering if anyone had a screenshot of the program guide for the vip 722 if this isn't the one...

I signed up for service yesterday and have the install on Sat.

Would like to see the UI for the receiver...

Sorry for the lame request...

Thank you...
No, that is the guide on the 922 that should be launching next year maybe.

I don't have a pic of the guide on the 722 but maybe someone else does...

No, not really. There are no channel logos, the video window is in the upper right corner and so on for the 722. The color scheme is quite a different too.

Well that stinks...

I really like the look of the UI in the pic I posted...

Oh well...

Thanks again...

Like this:

Thanks lineman20109...

Please forgive my lame questions...but...could a software update change the look of the UI to look more like the 922?...and if so do you think it would or could happen?...

I appreciate it...

It's just highly unlikely. The 722 is a very stable receiver though. You can surf through the guide very fast without lag. Overall, DISH technology outperforms other providers in that category.

I think you'll be very satisfied with the robust performance of a DISH DVR.:)

I hope so...

Switching from DTV...been with them for 15 yrs...

Scott where are you?

Scott needs to step in on this one. The 722k is "very" much like the 922 and it is possible that it may get the new UI in an update. In fact when Scott said something about it I said that it's a new can of worms here just opened.
Do you know if you are getting a 722 or a 722k? If the later you will need to get an OTA module if you want to record OTA. This way it will record 4 things at once 2 sat 2 OTA. It's $30 and worth it.

Scott needs to step in on this one. The 722k is "very" much like the 922 and it is possible that it may get the new UI in an update.
What I meant was that the guide on the 722 does look different than that of the 922. I didn't mean that the 722 functioned any different than the 922, other than the touch pad remote.

Scott needs to step in on this one. The 722k is "very" much like the 922 and it is possible that it may get the new UI in an update. In fact when Scott said something about it I said that it's a new can of worms here just opened.
Do you know if you are getting a 722 or a 722k? If the later you will need to get an OTA module if you want to record OTA. This way it will record 4 things at once 2 sat 2 OTA. It's $30 and worth it.

Wow...that would be great if it got/could get an update to the new UI...

I will be getting the 722k...but...don't need the OTA...

But thanks for the heads up on it...

And thanks for the reply...

Again...please forgive the newb stuff...like I said...

I'm doing the switchover this weekend from a LONG streak (15 yrs) with DTV...

We all need to get together and push for the new UI on the 722's...lol...

Another question on the 722...

I have only one TV in my setup...

Can I record two HD programs at the same time?...

Yes. Two satellite programs. And one OTA for the ViP722, and two OTA with the ViP722K, if you have the OTA module.

Just chiming in here, I have a 722k and I personally have never had one issue with the box. Its very fast, stable, and does what a DVR should do. If you werent a big fan on D*'s HR's (not knocking them) youll be surprised with the difference of the Dish boxes.

I'll agree with the OP here; the currently available ViP receivers guide and overall menu interface look like they were designed in 1997. In fact, some loyal customers around here could probably tell us that it was in fact designed back then... Who knows?...

As for the 922's interface, I feel like it is almost trying to hard to be trendy. They have overused the high gloss effect, the DVR interface with tiles seems forced and overly complicated (trying to copy iPhone icons?), and don't even get me started with the damned mutant mouse-remote thing... However, it does have some welcome changes, like a more interesting color scheme (although, how hard can it be to make that a user option? crappy cable boxes by motorola can do this...) and channel logos.

I pray to God that some of these changes make it over to the rest of the ViP series of boxes, but I am not holding my breath. Visual aesthetics are clearly not Dish's forte, but some logos and new colors would help plenty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)