VIP722 SW Release L685

Yep still PATIENTLY WAITING for DISH to bless my 722ks with their non-folder-bugged goodness. Hell I've had to deal with that stupid bug for what 6 months now? I don't guess another few weeks/months will kill me.
Several weeks ago, someone here posted a fix for the folder issue and it worked for me on my 722.

Try turning folders off, then back on again. I did this and the 'Folder bug' went away for me...

Several weeks ago, someone here posted a fix for the folder issue and it worked for me on my 722.

Try turning folders off, then back on again. I did this and the 'Folder bug' went away for me...

I tried this out, and what I found, was that selecting "Group by Title" would make the bug go away, but everything I tried wouldn't make the bug go away when I selected "My Groups." Thanks for the tip though, might just use "Group by Title" when I need to use the INFO button a lot, then go back to "My Groups" when I'm done. At least until this software update comes my way.

Do you know if it will still show the RSN's SD counterpart? Obviously the reason I ask is that oftentimes the HD version has nothing on it while the SD version has programing.

Good question. One that I honestly don't know the answer to, but I'll try to find out. One of the members here may be able to tell you before I can.

Every morning, I get up, turn on the TV, menu, menu, explitive deleted, off to work with 683.

Same here. I check ever day before work and after work. Still L683.
I am so keeping my fingers crossed that it will address the "Slow Menu" problem that has been haunting me and a lot of others for so very long now.

I tried this out, and what I found, was that selecting "Group by Title" would make the bug go away, but everything I tried wouldn't make the bug go away when I selected "My Groups." Thanks for the tip though, might just use "Group by Title" when I need to use the INFO button a lot, then go back to "My Groups" when I'm done. At least until this software update comes my way.
Thanks for the update. I only use 'Group by Title', so I was thrilled when that trick fixed it....

Good question. One that I honestly don't know the answer to, but I'll try to find out. One of the members here may be able to tell you before I can.
I don't see how it would be smart enough to enable the SD only for part-time HD channels. If it can though, that doesn't bode well for seeing the RSNs full-time any time soon... :eek:

cosmo_kramer said:
I don't see how it would be smart enough to enable the SD only for part-time HD channels. If it can though, that doesn't bode well for seeing the RSNs full-time any time soon... :eek:

There would need to be an exception written into the software that would exempt part time HD channels (is it only rsn's?) from only displaying the HD version.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I asked someone, and they didn't know either. They're sending an email to another person (ahh the good ol' dish chain), so I'm hoping to hear back tomorrow

Just received L686 just after midnight pacific time on my 722k, the change is the guide, BIG improvement, smooth scrolling and I like the green highlight, so far 2 thumbs up!

Well, it already knows this to an extent. For example, if I type in "182" to go to Discovery, it goes to the HD version. If I type in "416" to go to Fox Sports Southwest it goes to the SD version of the channel (or at least it does when there is no HD--I'm not 100% sure if it goes to the HD version if there is a game on, but I *think* it does). So it already knows to tune there "if in doubt".

I'm not sure what the logic looks like. Maybe if there is nothing in the guide for the HD version, it shows the SD version. That could work. Otherwise, I won't be able to use this feature.

I think the title for this thread should be renamed "The Waiting for my f:censored:king update thread!":mad::p:D (Sorry, couldn't resist) After all, this is my 666th post a.k.a "THE DEVIL'S POST" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA........:dev:D

Last edited:
Just received L686 just after midnight pacific time on my 722k, the change is the guide, BIG improvement, smooth scrolling and I like the green highlight, so far 2 thumbs up!
I don't see any change to the guide at all. Scrolling is the same and there was always a green highlight.

Well, it already knows this to an extent. For example, if I type in "182" to go to Discovery, it goes to the HD version. If I type in "416" to go to Fox Sports Southwest it goes to the SD version of the channel (or at least it does when there is no HD--I'm not 100% sure if it goes to the HD version if there is a game on, but I *think* it does). So it already knows to tune there "if in doubt".
I think you're right about this part. For example, an HD Red Sox game on NESN is in the guide 6:30-10:00. The game goes past 10:00 and when I punch in 434 on my remote it goes to the SD channel. I have to go up 1 to get to the HD version.

I'm not sure what the logic looks like. Maybe if there is nothing in the guide for the HD version, it shows the SD version. That could work. Otherwise, I won't be able to use this feature.
I guess the question is will the option conditionally (or continously) show the SD channel for the RSNs?? Can someone out there with this update check this out for us??

Yeah, I would love to know the answer. What I ended up doing a few months ago to accomplish this same thing was to hide all of the SD versions of channels. Of course, I left the SD version of my RSN for this reason.

I have L685. One of the problems that is now occuring is when I set a recording for new episodes only, the dvr is recording all occurrences of that episode.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Not sure if it's the same thing, but for some reason, my 722K suddenly began recording every episode of Ninja Warrior, even though the timer has been set for years to only record new episodes without any problem. I'm going to try deleting and re-adding the timer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)