VIP722 with Sling Adapter not able to stream on PC or Android

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

globalcd

Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Orlando, FL
Hello, I have my Sling Adapter connected to my router via Slink Link. Everything works fine but I am unable to watch movies online streamed from my receiver. I get the following error on the flash player on Dish Online "Your device isn't correctly registering with our service. Wait five minutes, then try again. If this recurs, reboot your device or router if you can. Then try again. (Error 6) (7)." Using Dish Remote Access, I don't even get the view on PC option, I can select "view on the TV". I am able to see the receiver on both sites, see my programming, view the guide, change channels, etc. I just can't watch any programming from my receiver on a remote device. Also, the light on my sling adapter never lit up. It also always shows as "booting" in the system information screen. Everything else has been verified to be running properly, according to Dish Broadband support I am on the current firmware with both the receiver and adapter. I have reset the receiver, sling adapter, router, sling link, and modem numerous times and nothing has worked. I have talked to Dish support 3+ times over the past week. They ultimately said it is either a bad Sling Adapter or a bad VIP722. They are sending a new sling adapter and we are taking it from there. Is there anything else that can be done at this point? I have tried on IE 8 and Firefox 5, and I have no issues related to Flash, Firewalls, etc. When I try to watch programming on my Android Tablet I get the error that my receiver cannot be found. However, I am on Honeycomb, so I don't even think the Dish Online Androd App is compatible with Honeycomb as yet. The Dish Rep said since the status shows as "booting" the problem is pretty much isolated between the VIP722 and the Sling Adapter, one of those is not functioning properly.

If you still have issues after you recieve your replacement please PM me your account number, and we would be more than happy to see what we can do to correct this issue

I have the exact same error as above from a remote desktop location. "Your device is not correctly registered with our service. Wait five minutes, then try again. If this recurs, reboot your device or router if you can. Then try again. (Error 6) (7)." I used online chat and they told me either router or ISP. I updated the router. Any ideas??

globalcd said:
Hello, I have my Sling Adapter connected to my router via Slink Link. Everything works fine but I am unable to watch movies online streamed from my receiver. I get the following error on the flash player on Dish Online "Your device isn't correctly registering with our service. Wait five minutes, then try again. If this recurs, reboot your device or router if you can. Then try again. (Error 6) (7)." Using Dish Remote Access, I don't even get the view on PC option, I can select "view on the TV". I am able to see the receiver on both sites, see my programming, view the guide, change channels, etc. I just can't watch any programming from my receiver on a remote device. Also, the light on my sling adapter never lit up. It also always shows as "booting" in the system information screen. Everything else has been verified to be running properly, according to Dish Broadband support I am on the current firmware with both the receiver and adapter. I have reset the receiver, sling adapter, router, sling link, and modem numerous times and nothing has worked. I have talked to Dish support 3+ times over the past week. They ultimately said it is either a bad Sling Adapter or a bad VIP722. They are sending a new sling adapter and we are taking it from there. Is there anything else that can be done at this point? I have tried on IE 8 and Firefox 5, and I have no issues related to Flash, Firewalls, etc. When I try to watch programming on my Android Tablet I get the error that my receiver cannot be found. However, I am on Honeycomb, so I don't even think the Dish Online Androd App is compatible with Honeycomb as yet. The Dish Rep said since the status shows as "booting" the problem is pretty much isolated between the VIP722 and the Sling Adapter, one of those is not functioning properly.

What is slink link.? The SA plugs into 722 internet access is through your receiver. Do u mean the 722 is connected to router with slink link? I do agree if there is no red light THE SA may be doa. Had that problem.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts