VIP722K will not pull and IP address

hartman32

Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I am having issues with my VIP722k and my D-LINK DIR-655 (CAT5e), it will not pull an IP address. I have reset the connection several times, bypassed the router, and still nothing. Dish has sent me a second 722k and it does the same. I am able to receive an IP address from a laptop and surf but nothing on the 722k. The router does not even show the MAC address of the 722k. Do I need to open ports? Which ones, if any? NEED HELP!:mad:

Been there done that

I am having issues with my VIP722k and my D-LINK DIR-655 (CAT5e), it will not pull an IP address. I have reset the connection several times, bypassed the router, and still nothing. Dish has sent me a second 722k and it does the same. I am able to receive an IP address from a laptop and surf but nothing on the 722k. The router does not even show the MAC address of the 722k. Do I need to open ports? Which ones, if any? NEED HELP!:mad:

Had the same problem as you I never found a solution w/D-Link. I went to a Lynksys and fixed the problem. Good Luck

Try a hard reset of the receiver. I had this problem and it made me pull my hair out. Finally was able to get the IP address to renew with a hard reboot. Pull the plug and plug it back in. Also make sure you don't have a MAC filter enabled and if you do be sure to enter in the receiver's MAC address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)