Visionsat Editor Program.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, after some searching in various places, I found this:

Setedit.com

Select the version "SetEditFDU". I don't see any hack information on the site, although there might be some, so please delete this link if any is found.

This is a channel editor for .FDU files that *seems* to work well with the current version of .FDU files that the Visionsat uses. It is a demo version, and requires a rather steep registration fee (19 euros = about $40) if you want to use it to make more than 20 changes after it is installed. It seems to have many features, however, I can't seem to figure out how to add a new satellite. I will continue to play with it as long as it works (I have 15 changes left). I did use it to edit the "USER" satellites in the Visionsat list to give them orbital positions, so USALS *should* work on these now (I changed them into Hispasat 1c/d, Intelsat 3r, Intelsat 9, and Galaxy 27). If I discover how to add a satellite, I'll post that info here.
I've played with it briefly, Tron. The first thing that strikes me is that my channel list showed up as a Universal lnb 9750/10600 . That's not correct and seeing that makes me nervous. I'm taking the channel file from my usb stick, and I don't know if the same symptom will occur if I connect directly to the stb . The price does seem steep. I've contacted Visionsat ( and for what it is worth) they are working on a replacement editor for the iv200 .

:)

That is comforting, a replacement editor can't come fast enough :) You are right, there are bugs in the SetEdit editor as well. I did, however, manage to add longitudinal coordinates for four satellites (the USER satellites), which I set up as Hispasat 1c/d, Intelsat 3r, Intelsat 9, and Galaxy 27. USALS seems to be working with them. It's a stopgap measure until they finally fix the editor.

Update

Found an editor that works very well. Its K-edit.exe for the KBox fta
receiver. Give it a try.:D

Just finished trying the latest Kbox editor V1.06. Works very well and is
an improvement over version 1.0. Look for Set_Editor_V106.exe .

Is this the same program as SetEditFDU? Regardless, I've gotta give this a try. Thanks for the info :)

EDIT: Seems like a different program, not SetEditFDU. Found many links to it, but all are hack sites, and I don't want to register. Could someone post the editor here? Thanks!

try this...same setup as the visionsat. i haven't tried it recently but I think it worked. It allowed you to edit channels and sat names :)

Attachments

• KBOX_Editor.zip
    971.5 KB · Views: 188
I just edit everything and then 'manually' change to USALS on the STB for each bird. I know it is cumbersome, but I think this is the only way to do it.

I just edit everything and then 'manually' change to USALS on the STB for each bird. I know it is cumbersome, but I think this is the only way to do it.

So, if I understand you correctly, every time I edit and upload the new channel list to the STB I'll need to go through and reset all my positioner settings? Since I think it defaults to "Off" on both of the DiSEqC settings I would just have to reset my Ku sats to USALS, I think.

That wouldn't be that bad, it would be worth it to me to be able to use this editor, everything else seems to work well. thanks for the info, Doc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts