Visionsat HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
I have been playing with my new/used Visionsat IV-200 PVR Plus. Using the USB PVR recording to catch some HD. What a fun receiver. :up

Here are a few screen captures using Media Player Classic in my PC.

Attachments

• NASAHD.jpg
    NASAHD.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 183
  • IONHD.jpg
    IONHD.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 170
  • HSNHD.jpg
    HSNHD.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 201
Here's some Ion with content on

Here's a few more from Ion. This is with actual programming on it. :) These are full resolution screen grabs from Media player classic.

Attachments

• ion HD Master.JPG
    ion HD Master.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 140
  • ion HD Master1.JPG
    ion HD Master1.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
What file format does the VisionSat record in, haven't used the PVR off of mine just yet.

.ts then you can use Media Player Classic to watch it on your PC. Im going to be using VideoReDo to edit commercials and burn stuff to DVD. Once you figure it out the Visionsat is a cool receiver. It's got a couple of little querks that Davage and I are trying to figure out. We both have Visionsats :)

Great little box, isn't it? ;) The fact that it records HD better than many HD boxes is really amazing. I wish I had several more of these...

According to Brian at SatelliteAV, the new GeoSatPro receivers will function the same way. SatelliteAV helped develop the Visionsat firmware.

Yes it is sweet. I wonder if there could be some kind of update for the firmware that could add more features/functions to the menus. May have to contact Brian and see if there is a way we could get a copy of the source code to modify, that would be killer :)

Yes it is sweet. I wonder if there could be some kind of update for the firmware that could add more features/functions to the menus. May have to contact Brian and see if there is a way we could get a copy of the source code to modify, that would be killer :)

I was thinking exactly the same thing! I'd love to get a copy of the source code. Could you imagine what the SatelliteGuys could accomplish with this box if we had the source code!? We could fix up some of the quirks in this unit.

That would, indeed, be an interesting project. First thing I'd love to add would be for the box to display a list of transponders as it finds them in blind scan. The fact that it doesn't, but rather just says "Loading TP info", always bothers me. I'd love to be able to see the transponders it is finding...

One of the querks that the Visionsat has is if you manually enter in the PID's such as with the CW it will not record them. It says "preparing recording" and never starts. I wonder of anyone knows a workaround for that?

tvropro - I've seen that.. Firmware Version 1.45 fixes it. But, you likely will need to do a factory reset on it after loading 1.45, then add the channels back in.

tvropro - I've seen that.. Firmware Version 1.45 fixes it. But, you likely will need to do a factory reset on it after loading 1.45, then add the channels back in.

Okay I will have to try that, Thank's ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts