Visionsat IV200 PVR Plus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just got one of these and with the channel editer it won't allow me to add sats east of amizonas. It always changes the W to E and therefore the motor won't be able to move to it. Has anyone figured out how to add Hispasat or Intelsat 3R?

I do like the pvr functions though. I will need to get a usb hard drive since my largest thumb drive (512MB) only will record about 24 minutes.:)

Thanks Iceburg, I was hoping there was a way. I really like this new reciever and that was my only problem with it. I also like how the sats show up in the list in longitudinal order instead of alphabetically like my viewsat.:cool:

The Visionsat is a nice receiver and yeah it is nice that they label the sats in longitudinal order instead of hap hazardly

I just bought a Visionsat IV 200 Plus and wondering what the Multi-Satellite Search function is/does?
Also what is the Latest Firmware update

Last edited:
I just tried it and..........good lord

allows you to scan multiple satellites...EVEN BLIND SCAN!!

here's what you do...go into the channel search
-scroll to the satellite list and hit ok
-what satellites you want to scan go to it and hit red button to hilite it
-hit OK when you have the satellites selected
-change to auto or blind scan (change blind scan parameters to 11700-12200)
-hit OK

I did this with SBS6 & AMC5...it scans SBS6 for new TP's...logs the channels then goes to AMC5 and repeats

pretty sweet :)

switch...actually 2 4x1 diseqcs and a ecoda 22k

I assume the motor would work too. I noticed it did pause a moment after it got done with SBS6...maybe if a motor was involved to switch to AMC5??

Visionsat has made lots of updates to the box which is great :)
They actually LISTEN to the FTA folks...not the hackers ;)

updating firmware

You -can- use the loader and a serial port & cable.
I did the very first time because I didn't know how to do it by USB.

But the best way is to plug the supplied 64mb thumb-drive into your computer, and write the unzipped binary file on it.
Then, turn off the Visionsat, plug the thumb drive into the front panel, and power up the receiver. (back panel , then front panel)
After it's been up a few seconds you should see a pop-up asking if you'd like to load new firmware off the flash drive.

It's possible that very old original firmware will not auto detect (I can't remember).
If that'd the case, work through the menus on the box 'till you find the section on updating from USB, and then go for it.

Easier to do than to tell about. ;)

Thanks Anole! From everything I read about this receiver it is a good one. I have a spare 40 gig hard drive I will use with it to record programs. I'm thinking that would be 40 hours of programing? I also like what Iceberg said They actually LISTEN to the FTA folks...not the hackers! :)

You -can- use the loader and a serial port & cable.
I did the very first time because I didn't know how to do it by USB.

But the best way is to plug the supplied 64mb thumb-drive into your computer, and write the unzipped binary file on it.
Then, turn off the Visionsat, plug the thumb drive into the front panel, and power up the receiver. (back panel , then front panel)
After it's been up a few seconds you should see a pop-up asking if you'd like to load new firmware off the flash drive.

It's possible that very old original firmware will not auto detect (I can't remember).
If that'd the case, work through the menus on the box 'till you find the section on updating from USB, and then go for it.

Easier to do than to tell about. ;)

Thanks Anole! From everything I read about this receiver it is a good one. I have a spare 40 gig hard drive I will use with it to record programs. I'm thinking that would be 40 hours of programing?
I'm not sure. I know when it records it logs the file as how many GB it used. It is possible its 1:1 but it might be a little less than that. I know my 40GB hard drive/dvd recorder has 37 hours of space.
I have a 320GB drive on mine and am nowhere near the max :)

I also like what Iceberg said They actually LISTEN to the FTA folks...not the hackers! :)

SatelliteAV works with Visionsat so if there are any bugs or suggestions, we let them know. They have made HUGE strides with this box since it first came out. I think there have been close to 10 updates since the box came out. I have boxes that have version 1.00 in them from 2 years ago :(

I recommend to anyone joining this thread, that they start from the first post and read all of them.
Many valuable bits have been disclosed already.
Many problems solved.
And as mentioned, quite a number of firmware updates. Very impressive!
Early in the life of the unit, the manufacturer even changed out the remote control!

I think I'm repeating myself here, but I actually use an external Western Digital 60gb USB drive.
It's based on a 2.5" laptop drive, so it takes power from the USB cable.

The receiver seems to set aside a video buffer, which would impact a smaller drive more than a larger one, but I'd say you could easily get 30+ hours on your 40gb.
That'd be with a mix of channels.
If you record very low data rate channels, you would get more time.
The easiest thing is to record ten shows, then scroll through the selection menu.
As you roll the cursor over each show, the size and playing time is displayed at the bottom of the screen.

Initial attachment of drive:
- Be sure to have the main power off ,
- plug in the drive,
- power up with the rear switch,
- wait for the drive to be detected (10 seconds?),
- power up with the front switch,
- wait for the drive to power up (10 seconds?)
- go to the menu and format the drive.

For normal use, saving a video, making a DVD, etc...
- just kill power with the remote,
- remove drive,
- copy off files with computer,
- restore drive to Visionsat,
- turn on power with remote.

DO NOT EVER DELETE A FILE off the hard drive with your computer! ! ! - :eek:
Make a list if you must, then delete files with the FTA receiver, only.