Visionsat IV200 PVR Plus

I just loaded the v.140 factory firmware and successfully blindscanned G11. However, the two problem transponders were not active, so we can't tell anything about improved handling of 4:2:2 channels , yet. Probably this evening, when the tp's heat up, I'll scan all the usual suspects looking for 4:2:2 channel problems. I would be nice to get rid of hangups.
Maybe the answer is a hardware upgrade to make the box 4:2:2 capable ? :) ( Dream on, Brentie ! )
Thanks to SatelliteAV for their continuous efforts. I've bought ( or recommended) a couple boxes from SatelliteAV and the continued support is nice.

:)

PVR Issue

Hi --

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

If I record a fast moving channel (or channel with a scrolling crawl on the bottom of the screen), the picture 'skips' every few seconds.

I have tried 3 different hard drives and am at wits end.

I have tried turning the timeshifting off, but it still skips on playback.

Any thoughts?

JT

Iceberg & all other post are great!!!!! I have read several times & keep coming back. Good info from all post. Are there any newer bins or files for the IV 200 Visionsat? Thank you for all your knowledge.

Still having problems with my hard drive (s)

What types of hard drives do others have connected for timeshifting and recording???

Thanks

JT

What types of hard drives do others have connected for timeshifting and recording???
I'm using a Western Digital Passport 60gb, based on a 2.5" laptop drive.
It's completely powered through the USB cable, so taking it to my computer for DVD-making doesn't require a major relocation of a power supply.

I'd had my eye on a 500gb on BlackFriday for $89 (missed both Fry's and Staple's deals)
By the time the same offer came around more recently, I'd totally decided against the bigger drive.

Also, it seems that once edited, and re-written to the drive, the IV-200 won't play the file (or even see it).

But more to your point, it sort of sounds like the drive isn't fast enough.
What are you using? - :rolleyes:
I can't hardly imagine a lower-end drive than mine. :)

I'm using an 80 gig Seagate Baracuda.

Its an IDE drive in a case that converts it to USB 2.0.

Hmm....maybe that's the problem.

I have a pre-built USB drive, maybe I'l try that one.......

JT

I use a Elements 250G powered by Western Digital. It also plugs into the ac for power. No problems so far.

todd

Well......

Went out and bought a USB 2.0 Hard Drive.

I connected it to the receiver, and I still have issues.

I get a stutter about every 5 seconds or so on playback of a recorded file.

When watching 'live' I don't have the stutter, but when I play back the recorded version of what I was watching, it stutters.

Can anyone think of anything else I can try

I've tried various hard drives, I've turned timeshifting off, and I've re-installed the firmware.......

Help

JT

Does the stuttering occur on playback of all channels or specific channels? What firmware version is loaded? We have previously only observed this problem on units that had been RMA'd with a non factory firmware installed. Have not observed this with any unit with a Factory Firmware loaded.

Have you tried loading the latest Factory Firmware release?

If you suspect that this is a defect, contact the vendor. I am sure that if the hardware is defective, it will be repaired or replaced. Visionsat is a very good company that we have found to back their equipment 100%

I have the 1.18 firmware (downloaded from this forum)
The stutter occurs on any channel. I've had it on RTN, ONN, NBC Satops.

I'll load the 1.19 and see if it helps, otherwise, I might just have to contact the manufacturer.

JT