Visionsat IV200 PVR Plus

small issue is that the new pvr remote does not respond to the instructions or the device codes in the manual. through some research i was able to program the tv in automated mode, but was still unsuccessful with my dvd player/recorder. i want to know if there are updated instructions and device codes for the pvr remote. thanks

This would be a great question for Visionsat. support@inteltechnologyinc.com

We have just received our shipment with the new style remotes yesterday and I haven't even tried one out yet. I hear they are much easier to use and much stronger output.

Did you get a better price somewhere else? :( Let us know if you find a better deal and we will beat any other valid price.

small issue is that the new pvr remote does not respond to the instructions or the device codes in the manual. through some research i was able to program the tv in automated mode, but was still unsuccessful with my dvd player/recorder. i want to know if there are updated instructions and device codes for the pvr remote. thanks

the sad part about this whole issue is that i did contact visionsat directly by telephone. the guy who answered just tried to read me the instructions from the manual which don't work and kept trying to convince me that those instructions do work, which was disheartening. to hear directly from the source that they are unaware of such issues was disappointing. he instructed me to call back at a later date so that he could check into it. i also tried sending an email to that email address, but they have yet to respond. i know that i am not the only one encountering this issue because i traveled various other sites to find a solution, and saw that many others have encountered this very problem, but the best answer to try though was automated mode. hopefully they correct this issue even though it is a minor inconvenience. i am happy with the receiver, just a small annoyance that can easily be corrected.

Hi Brian, Have you heard anything from the engineers on that new firmware to fix the IV-200's problem with not recognizing a Viaccess Smartcard yet? Thx, Butch

Last edited:
Hi Brian, Have you hear anything from the engineers on that new firmware to fix the IV-200's problem with not recognizing a Viaccess Smartcard yet? Thx, Butch

Brian,

I did put the latest firmware, 1.18 in, and it now at least sees the card inserted, tries to initialize it, but then says Incorrect Card. It is headway I would think. Of course, when I move the card back to the FinePass receiver, all the channels do come in.

Thx, Butch

95%

-
The receiver is f-a-n_t-a-s-t-i-c- !
That cannot be denied.
If this is any example of receivers to come, the FTA market is in for a treat! - :up

Now, onto some minor niggles.
I looked on the mfgr's web site but the only manual is the obsolete one that comes with the receiver.
Is there any documentation on how to use the new remote, and more specifically, how the PVR functions work?
I've finally got 'em mostly figured out. Do I need to write a manual ? :rolleyes:
So far, I'm only claiming maybe 80% understanding of all the features.

after upload new software on iv200 pvr plus device wont work on lcd see for 2 secund L 1.00 wont respond on usb , serial or tv help

Sounds like an incorrect or corrupted file has been loaded. Download the Visionsat loader and firmware V1.18 and unzip. Load via the serial port with a straight RS232 serial cable.

If this doesn't work, the unit may need to be looked at by a Visionsat technician.

Having a new IV 200 for Christmas, I've been working it a lot. I haven't found a problem with it yet, although, I still prefer the Merc II for blindscanning. Highpoints of the IV200 are its ability to "fine tune" position in the USALS menu ( although) not as sweet as the "signal" button on the Buzz Plus. My dish has taken some high winds, and now I'm fudging my longititude by 0.5 degrees west, to compensate for that.
I'll probably be watching TV on the IV200, or skywalker-1 system, but scanning for feeds , etc with the Merc II. The Merc display of transponders, as it discovers them, identifying the new ones, is a priceless feature.

:)

Just got mine today, yeah!!!!

Wondering if there is a trick to speeding up the blind scan.

I was using a Traxis 4550 (until it fried) and blind scan was about 5 min per sat.

This receiver seems to take closer to 15 or 20 min.

Thoughts????

JT

The default setting for blind scan is to scan from 10700-12950...I change those to 11700 to 12200...much faster
:)

Thanks. I'll try that.

Just another question, if you don't mind.....

In the search what is "network" on/off?

Thanks!

JT

Network search really isnt used much in the US. What it allows the box to do is find SID information for a transponder and pop in all the rest without a blind scan

there are 2 examples
-Dish & Bell. If you have all the transpnoders removed but one do an auto scan for FTA and turn the network on. It will find the rest of the transponders
-Globecast does this too which is really good if you do not have a blind scan box. Globecast moves transponders around but it will find the new transponders.

I normally leave it to off because all it does otherwise is screw up the blind scan

RF in?

I cannot find any mention of the "RF IN" jack on the back panel. Is there an NTSC tuner built in? Or, is this just a pass through that is combined with the modulated output on "RF OUT"?

My receiver came with software version 1.15.

I'm thinking of doing the upgrade to 1.18.

Will I lose my stored channels and sats?

JT