Visionsat IV200 PVR Plus

Same here. It does it with Ver 1.11 though. For the time being I have gone back to my Dreambox and Skystar2 as they are more reiliable.

Visionsat WORK on the problems please. It's not the hardware(I think) but the software.

todd

Thanks for the heads-up! We have passed this information on...... Should have a new version posted with a fix to the DiSEqC Blind Scan issue.

Thanks guys for posting your experience with the 4:2:2 video. The only bugs I have found so far are with the 4:2:2 video freezing the unit and the DiSEqC switching/blind scan problem.

And thank you to Brian for passing this info along to Visionsat. It is a very nice unit, I love mine. :)

New Factory Firmware Release: Version 118

You will find it here first ...... at SatelliteGuys!

What's New?

• Blind Scan switch control function corrected
  • 4:2:2 channel lock-up eliminated

Latest Factory Firmware is available at Visionsat Official Company Website

EDIT:
1 GB Buffering to attached USB drive for TIVO like function should be available this evening ......

Attachments

• iv200-ver118.zip
    925.2 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Thanks for the new firmware! :)

Blind scan works great and 4:2:2 feeds don't lock the unit up anymore (now a black screen + audio).

The only other "bug" I have noticed is when you record a channel with AC3 audio (like the AC3 Pentagon Channel on AMC1 @ 103W, or the PBS channels on AMC3 @ 87W) and play it back, the recording pixelates significantly and the audio plays at about 2.5x speed (I am using the Sonic Voom headphones to decode AC3, if that matters). It's not a huge deal, as I can use my DVD recorder to record these channels, just a minor annoyance.

That being said, I love this unit and it works very well for me. :D Kudos to Brian and Visionsat for their work in resolving issues with this unit. :up

dotnull
do you have a diseqc switch involved? That was my big issue. I have a 8x1 diseqc and only port 1 would blind scan...have to try it tonite :)

dotnull
do you have a diseqc switch involved? That was my big issue. I have a 8x1 diseqc and only port 1 would blind scan...have to try it tonite :)
Yep, I had a DMSI 22KHz switch that worked fine, and in light of these bugfixes I swapped it out for a DMSI 4x1 diseqc switch today.

Now blindscan works great for me on the 2 ports I have active (one for the LNB on my motorized, the other for my stationary AMC-1 dish). :D

well I just tried it and well

AWESOME!!!!!

Have a 8x1 diseqc and on port 7 have a 4x1. Scanned SBS6 which is on port 1 and scanned fine. Scanned AMC5 which is on 7-4 (uncommitted port 7 committed port 4) and it blind scanned PERFECTLY!

Now trying port 7-3 which is IA8 and a bandstacked LNB and seeing how it handles that :)

Looks like the buffering update will be posted on Monday. The feature is working, but it was overlooked on the release .....

SatAV
it seems like its working now. I pick a channel and left it there for say 2 minutes. I hit the (what looks like on a dvd player remote) as the skip back button and it goes back to the beginning of the channel and at the top it shows
0:00:00 and however much its "buffered" (so after 4:00 it shows 0:0:00 and a blue line and :0:04:00 and I can play it back)

The release does have buffering. Enjoy!

You need 1GIG or larger memory attached for the function to work. I was experimenting with 512K ..... Yes, I feel humbled!

working fine here....one minor suggestion (not that the box can get any better) :)

I think it was the Pansat 6000 (dual PVR) that would buffer and lets say 10 minutes into a show you want to record it, you could hit "back" to go back to the beginning of the buffer and hit record and it would start recording from there (where it started buffering).

The Visionsat starts recording at the spot where you hit "record" so if you go back 10 minutes and hit record it starts at the spot live (10 minutes later)

So what was your experience with the HDD? I just got one today and looks OK so far. It will not recognize my Viaccess Smartcard for TAN-TV so I have to call SatilliteAV tomorrow for some help with that.

Thx, Butch

The receiver should have recognized your subscribed VIACCESS card. We already notified the engineers about the VIACCESS authorization issue and will have the problem solved.

So what was your experience with the HDD? I just got one today and looks OK so far. It will not recognize my Viaccess Smartcard for TAN-TV so I have to call SatilliteAV tomorrow for some help with that.

Thx, Butch