Visionsat IV200 PVR Plus

Try the latest factory firmware from the Visionsat website. Not suggesting that it will make any difference, but should check with the resources available before turning to the warranty center.

Excitedly awaiting arrival of VisionSat IV200

Try the latest factory firmware from the Visionsat website. Not suggesting that it will make any difference, but should check with the resources available before turning to the warranty center.

Looking forward to upgrading the unit with the latest firmware and posting a mini-review of this receiver. Needed a second set top box for a second TV, and thought PVR capability would be nice.

Glad I did business with SatelliteAV. Was trying to deal with a local authorized Visionsat dealer, but found out the only dishes they sell are DISH 500s.

I refuse to do business with a so-called FTA dealer that only sells DISH dishes. I hope ALL of us on here ask about whether they sell real FTA dishes before sending our money to encourage DISH pirate businesses.

Looking forward to receiving my guilt-free Visionsat IV 200 rather than a $10 cheaper local version from some shady local character. :)

Great review. Someone asked before, but didn't see an answer, will AC3 pass thru to the RCA L/R output?

Also, is it possible to can set up to record a program on G10R and one later off of G25?

Great review. Someone asked before, but didn't see an answer, will AC3 pass thru to the RCA L/R output?
no

Also, is it possible to can set up to record a program on G10R and one later off of G25?

With a motor or fixed dishes?
fixed dishes..yes..do it all the time. Switches from G10 to AMC3 to G26 all the time
motor..havent tried it

I know most other boxes I've worked with can record off two satellites and the timers would allow the motor to move the dish

Record timers will move the motor to record the channel as programmed. I usually start the timer a minute earlier if I know it will require a motor setting to allow time for the motor movement before the start of the program.

Thanks satelliteav and Iceberg. I plan to replace my merc II with this. I'm dropping D* for now and see what happens in the HD arena this summer, meanwhile I want to record abour 4 shows on G10...I could rig up my mythtv box, but this would be easier.

Edit: Meant: E*, not D*

Last edited:
New Visionsat IV-200 Firmware Available:

Added Mon~Fri, Sa~Su recording feature

Factory Firmware - ird-ivisionsat-iv200 .....

Factory Firmware with Subscribed Card Reader Functions - IV200MX......

Attachments

• iv.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 401
brent
see SatAV's notes
Factory Firmware - ird-ivisionsat-iv200 .....

Factory Firmware with Subscribed Card Reader Functions - IV200MX......
so unless you have a card use the first one :)

Was the "very wide" freq range of this receiver on KU fixed with any of the software upgrades, or is everybody just doing it the manual way? Im speaking of the blind-scanning mode.